Stero mixer problem

puk284

Stero mixer problem

Hi there,

Iv got windows vista on a toshiba A200 -1V0 model. When i go to my
recording tab and right click to get the show disabled devices on.
nothing comes up. i have'nt got stereo mix. my driver is up 2 date
according to windows update and everything else is fine. do i need to
buy a new sound card or is there a problem with REALTEK or vista . can
anyone help me pls?

--
puk284
puk284's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/puk284.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

John Inzer

Re: Stero mixer problem
puk284 wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Iv got windows vista on a toshiba A200 -1V0 model. When i go to my
> recording tab and right click to get the show disabled devices on.
> nothing comes up. i have'nt got stereo mix. my driver is up 2 date
> according to windows update and everything else is fine. do i need to
> buy a new sound card or is there a problem with REALTEK or vista . can
> anyone help me pls?

=================================
Maybe you could find a more recent
driver at the following site:

RealTek Software: Drivers & Utilities
High Definition Audio Codecs
http://tinyurl.com/fls9e
or...
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

puk284

Re: Stero mixer problem

Thanx a lot for ur help. The website link realy help. thank you

puk284 wrote:
> Thanx a lot for ur help. The website link realy help. thank you

===========================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

pakrok

Re: Stero mixer problem

John Inzer;4079631 Wrote:

> Maybe you could find a more recent
> driver at the following site:
> RealTek Software: Drivers & Utilities
> High Definition Audio Codecs
> http://tinyurl.com/fls9e
> or...
> http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false

Thank you so much! That simple post brought a great deal of relief and
joy to me after I found it. This solved the missing stereo mixer problem
for me. Unlike many people elsewhere on the internet, in my case the
stereo mixer was not hidden in the sound controls. It was completely
missing even though I could play and hear all sounds, files and
streams.

Also keep in mind that I had no issue with finding the stereo mixer on
my original Vista install. This became a problem only after my Vista
basically died after two years of usage and refused to boot and the
problem couldn't be fixed. The reason for the death of my original Vista
install is unknown, so keep that in mind too (that is, back-up your
important files) as it was completely unexpected and I couldn't even
speculate why it happened. So, after I formatted the hard drive and
reinstalled Vista, I eventually noticed the missing stereo mixer problem
when I wanted to record a little something with Audacity.

Anyone running into this non-existent stereo mixer problem should keep
in mind that while Vista might claim the drivers are fine and up to
date, there could and probably will be newer drivers out there. Just go
to the RealTek page above, download the drivers and install them.

Much thanks again to John. Of course I probably should have thought of
doing it before, it is quite obvious after all, but as I said, I had no
audio or missing stereo mixer problems with my original Vista install,
so it didn't seem like the obvious route to take.

--
pakrok
pakrok's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/108527.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1072081.htm