Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files

dotbowels

Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files

Pictures get downloade okay and I can see files/thumbnails. When I try
and open individual photos, I can't. I get a Microsoft Photo Editor-
ERROR Opening file message.

Please help me if you can. Thanks Dorothy

--
dotbowels
John Inzer

Re: Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files
dotbowels wrote:
> Pictures get downloade okay and I can see files/thumbnails. When I
> try and open individual photos, I can't. I get a Microsoft Photo
> Editor- ERROR Opening file message.
>
> Please help me if you can. Thanks Dorothy

=================================
Are you using Windows Photo Gallery to
view the images or are you using an old
copy of Microsoft Photo Editor that was
included in older versions of MS Office.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

dotbowels

Re: Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files

I'm not sure what I'm trying to open it with. The process I use is
below. I do have older Microsoft Works on here also. How can I change
it so I can open all pictures? I can only open the Vista Sample
Pictures now. Thanks John I appreciate your help Dorothy.

I click on the windows logo in lower left corner
I then click on pictures
I see thumbnails
I get the Vista Photo Editor Can't read message when I try & open
individuals

dotbowels wrote:
> I'm not sure what I'm trying to open it with. The process I use is
> below. I do have older Microsoft Works on here also. How can I
> change it so I can open all pictures? I can only open the Vista
> Sample Pictures now. Thanks John I appreciate your help Dorothy.
>
> I click on the windows logo in lower left corner
> I then click on pictures
> I see thumbnails
> I get the Vista Photo Editor Can't read message when I try & open
> individuals

==============================
Can you open Windows Photo Gallery?
Have a look at the following article:

Windows Photo Gallery:
frequently asked questions
http://tinyurl.com/6j6dlz
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...6b1033.mspx#EN

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

dotbowels

Re: Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files

This was my original post:

(http://www.vistax64.com/#). When I try and open individual photos, I
can't. I get a 'Microsoft' (http://www.vistax64.com/#) Photo Editor-
ERROR Opening file message.

Please help me if you can. Thanks Dorothy

Yes I can open the Photo Gallery

I still need to figure out how to get pictures from photo editor to
Photo Gallery so I can see them. I am somewhat frustrated. Thanks

--
dotbowels

LynzNC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files
Quote:
Originally Posted by dotbowels View Post
This was my original post:

*Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files*
Pictures get downloade okay and I can see files/'thumbnails'
(Vista Forums). When I try and open individual photos, I
can't. I get a 'Microsoft' (Vista Forums) Photo Editor-
ERROR Opening file message.

Please help me if you can. Thanks Dorothy

Yes I can open the Photo Gallery

I still need to figure out how to get pictures from photo editor to
Photo Gallery so I can see them. I am somewhat frustrated. Thanks

--
dotbowels
Hi - I was just wondering if you ever got an answer to this problem? I am having the same issue with my computer and photo editor. It keeps opening the photos in Paint since last week. Not sure what the heck happened. I am due to have a baby in 2 weeks and will of course have A LOT of photos to upload and edit in the near future and would love to figure this all out! Thank you!!

LynzNC wrote:
> Hi - I was just wondering if you ever got an answer to this problem?
> I am having the same issue with my computer and photo editor. It
> keeps opening the photos in Paint since last week. Not sure what the
> heck happened. I am due to have a baby in 2 weeks and will of course
> have A LOT of photos to upload and edit in the near future and would
> love to figure this all out! Thank you!!

==================================
Please provide more details.

Are you running Vista?

Do the photos open successfully in Paint?

What program are you calling 'photo editor'?

Maybe all you need to do is change your image associations.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

LynzNC is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista Photo Editor-Error Reading Files
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Inzer View Post
LynzNC wrote:
> Hi - I was just wondering if you ever got an answer to this problem?
> I am having the same issue with my computer and photo editor. It
> keeps opening the photos in Paint since last week. Not sure what the
> heck happened. I am due to have a baby in 2 weeks and will of course
> have A LOT of photos to upload and edit in the near future and would
> love to figure this all out! Thank you!!

==================================
Please provide more details.

Are you running Vista? Yes

Do the photos open successfully in Paint? Yes

What program are you calling 'photo editor'?

Maybe all you need to do is change your image associations.

--

J. Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk
Yes, I'm using Vista. Yes, the pictures open fine in Paint. I'm using Microsoft Photo Editor 3.0.2.3. How would I do that-change my image associations? As I mentioned, it wasn't until this past week that they just stopped opening.

LynzNC wrote:
> Yes, I'm using Vista. Yes, the pictures open fine in Paint. I'm
> using Microsoft Photo Editor 3.0.2.3. How would I do that-change my
> image associations? As I mentioned, it wasn't until this past week
> that they just stopped opening.

Have a look at the following articles:

How to Associate a File Extension Type With a Program in Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/69...-programs.html

How to Set Default Associations
For a Program in Vista
http://tinyurl.com/2abtmr
or...
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/83...ociations.html

File association fixes for Windows Vista
http://tinyurl.com/2xsewp
or...
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html

--