Movie Maker crashes when dropping imported DVR-MS file on timeline

ETruss

Movie Maker crashes when dropping imported DVR-MS file on timeline
Copied here because someone suggested I had this in the wrong newsgroup ...
I've done this before with no problem but now it does not work. I recorded a
TV show using Media Center. I open Movie Maker and import the file. It's a
3.76 GB dvr-ms file. I can play the file in the preview with no problems.
When I drop the file on the timeline, I get an error message that just says
"movie make has stopped working". I've disabled all filters listing under
Tools and there is no change. I tried Create Clips and got the same error.
I think I had Pinnacle Studio installed the last time I did this and have
since uninstalled it but a couple of Pinnacle filters are still listed.
Anyone have any ideas what to try? Using Vista Home Premium SP1

----
Event Viewer shows several errors like this one:

Faulting application MOVIEMK.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
0x4549b5b6, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x00000000,
exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0x14a8,
application start time 0x01c942c77ccf907f
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker crashes when dropping imported DVR-MS file on timeline

Nobody could meaningfully decode that - see all the 0.0.0.0 0000000 data?
If you put up the actual crash DMP file somewhere *that* might be decodable,
but as it is that data is not enough to go upon, sorry.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"ETruss" <ETruss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Copied here because someone suggested I had this in the wrong newsgroup
> I've done this before with no problem but now it does not work. I
> recorded a
> TV show using Media Center. I open Movie Maker and import the file. It's
> 3.76 GB dvr-ms file. I can play the file in the preview with no problems.
> When I drop the file on the timeline, I get an error message that just
> says
> "movie make has stopped working". I've disabled all filters listing under
> Tools and there is no change. I tried Create Clips and got the same
> error.
> I think I had Pinnacle Studio installed the last time I did this and have
> since uninstalled it but a couple of Pinnacle filters are still listed.
> Anyone have any ideas what to try? Using Vista Home Premium SP1
>
> ----
> Event Viewer shows several errors like this one:
>
> Faulting application MOVIEMK.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> 0x4549b5b6, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp
> 0x00000000,
> exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0x14a8,
> application start time 0x01c942c77ccf907f

ETruss

Re: Movie Maker crashes when dropping imported DVR-MS file on time
So ... do you have a suggestion on where would be a good place to get the DMP
file from and where to stick it?

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Nobody could meaningfully decode that - see all the 0.0.0.0 0000000 data?
> If you put up the actual crash DMP file somewhere *that* might be decodable,
> but as it is that data is not enough to go upon, sorry.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "ETruss" <ETruss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Copied here because someone suggested I had this in the wrong newsgroup
> > I've done this before with no problem but now it does not work. I
> > recorded a
> > TV show using Media Center. I open Movie Maker and import the file. It's
> > 3.76 GB dvr-ms file. I can play the file in the preview with no problems.
> > When I drop the file on the timeline, I get an error message that just
> > says
> > "movie make has stopped working". I've disabled all filters listing under
> > Tools and there is no change. I tried Create Clips and got the same
> > error.
> > I think I had Pinnacle Studio installed the last time I did this and have
> > since uninstalled it but a couple of Pinnacle filters are still listed.
> > Anyone have any ideas what to try? Using Vista Home Premium SP1
> >
> > ----
> > Event Viewer shows several errors like this one:
> >
> > Faulting application MOVIEMK.exe, version 6.0.6000.16386, time stamp
> > 0x4549b5b6, faulting module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp
> > 0x00000000,
> > exception code 0xc0000005, fault offset 0x00000000, process id 0x14a8,
> > application start time 0x01c942c77ccf907f

ETruss

Re: Movie Maker crashes when dropping imported DVR-MS file on time
That web site appears to only be for Media Player. I'm talking about Movie
Maker.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> Speaking for myself only.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker crashes when dropping imported DVR-MS file on time

Yep, I realize you were. That's just my standard signature file (which does
point out that the link is WMP-centric). Ignore it. =)

--
> That web site appears to only be for Media Player. I'm talking about
> Movie
> Maker.
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Movie Maker crashes when dropping imported DVR-MS file on time

Some place like MegaUpload or whatnot, probably. =\