update to Winows Photo Gallery

Paul

update to Winows Photo Gallery
Hi,

When i start Windows Photo Gallery, i get a message saying there is an
update to Winows Photo Gallery that will allow me to see my camera's RAW
files. I click 'Download' and it forwards me to Nikon's website where i
download a file and install it (i've done this 3 times now) successfully. i
restart the computer, open Winows Photo Gallery, and it once again asks me
if i want to update Winows Photo Gallery. and i cannot see my camera's NEF
files.
any suggestions?

Thanks,
Albert

John Inzer

Re: update to Winows Photo Gallery
Paul wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When i start Windows Photo Gallery, i get a message saying there is an
> update to Winows Photo Gallery that will allow me to see my camera's
> RAW files. I click 'Download' and it forwards me to Nikon's website
> where i download a file and install it (i've done this 3 times now)
> successfully. i restart the computer, open Winows Photo Gallery, and
> it once again asks me if i want to update Winows Photo Gallery. and i
> cannot see my camera's NEF files.
> any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
> Albert

Maybe it would be worth a try to download the file from
the following site. If you scroll down...it lists the camera
models that are included...and explains how to install it.

NEF Codec
http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/index.html.en

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Paul

Re: update to Windows Photo Gallery
that's the site that Windows Photo Gallery forwards me to, and that's the
file i've downloaded and installed 3 times.

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Paul wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> When i start Windows Photo Gallery, i get a message saying there is an
>> update to Winows Photo Gallery that will allow me to see my camera's
>> RAW files. I click 'Download' and it forwards me to Nikon's website
>> where i download a file and install it (i've done this 3 times now)
>> successfully. i restart the computer, open Winows Photo Gallery, and
>> it once again asks me if i want to update Winows Photo Gallery. and i
>> cannot see my camera's NEF files.
>> any suggestions?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Albert

> Maybe it would be worth a try to download the file from
> the following site. If you scroll down...it lists the camera
> models that are included...and explains how to install it.
>
> NEF Codec
> http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/index.html.en
>
> --
>
> John Inzer MS-MVP
> Digital Media Experience
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Paul wrote:
> that's the site that Windows Photo Gallery forwards me to, and that's
> the file i've downloaded and installed 3 times.

==============================
Sorry...I thought you were installing from
the net which can sometimes fail. Is your
camera model included in the list?

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Curious

Re: update to Windows Photo Gallery
Have you contacted Nikon support to be sure that you are installing the
correct files from their site.
"Paul" <paulie@netzero.com> wrote in message
> that's the site that Windows Photo Gallery forwards me to, and that's the
> file i've downloaded and installed 3 times.
>

> "John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
>> Paul wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> When i start Windows Photo Gallery, i get a message saying there is an
>>> update to Winows Photo Gallery that will allow me to see my camera's
>>> RAW files. I click 'Download' and it forwards me to Nikon's website
>>> where i download a file and install it (i've done this 3 times now)
>>> successfully. i restart the computer, open Winows Photo Gallery, and
>>> it once again asks me if i want to update Winows Photo Gallery. and i
>>> cannot see my camera's NEF files.
>>> any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Albert

>> Maybe it would be worth a try to download the file from
>> the following site. If you scroll down...it lists the camera
>> models that are included...and explains how to install it.
>>
>> NEF Codec
>> http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/index.html.en
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer MS-MVP