Colours oversaturated in Photo Gallery

KenP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Colours oversaturated in Photo Gallery
In both Photo Gallery and Live Photo Gallery, I am finding that colours are grossly oversaturated, especially reds. This does not happen with other photo display software, such as Picasa or Photoshop, so it seems to be a problem within Photo Gallery rather than an issue with how my monitor displays colours.

To some extent I can solve the problem by using the "Saturation" tool in Live Photo Gallery - but then the pictures look washed-out when displayed on other software or printed.

I cannot find a way to change colour saturation in Photo Gallery. Anyone know how to deal with this?
John Inzer

Re: Colours oversaturated in Photo Gallery
KenP wrote:
> In both Photo Gallery and Live Photo Gallery, I am finding that
> colours are grossly oversaturated, especially reds. This does not
> happen with other photo display software, such as Picasa or
> Photoshop, so it seems to be a problem within Photo Gallery rather
> than an issue with how my monitor displays colours.
>
> To some extent I can solve the problem by using the "Saturation" tool
> in Live Photo Gallery - but then the pictures look washed-out when
> displayed on other software or printed.
>
> I cannot find a way to change colour saturation in Photo Gallery.
> Anyone know how to deal with this?

==================================
Maybe the following articles will offer some ideas...

(939395) When you view an image in Windows
Photo Gallery on a Windows Vista-based computer,
the image is yellow
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/939395/en-us

Microsoft PhotoBlog Frequently Asked Questions:
http://blogs.msdn.com/pix/pages/faq.aspx#q6
Read: "Q: Why do my photos have an odd color
cast in the Photo Gallery (but look fine in the XP
Picture and Fax Viewer and IE)?"

Yellow pictures in Windows Photo Gallery
http://tinyurl.com/33gxum
or...
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-genera...o-gallery.html

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

KenP is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Colours oversaturated in Photo Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Inzer View Post
KenP wrote:
> In both Photo Gallery and Live Photo Gallery, I am finding that
> colours are grossly oversaturated, especially reds. This does not
> happen with other photo display software, such as Picasa or
> Photoshop, so it seems to be a problem within Photo Gallery rather
> than an issue with how my monitor displays colours.
>
> To some extent I can solve the problem by using the "Saturation" tool
> in Live Photo Gallery - but then the pictures look washed-out when
> displayed on other software or printed.
>
> I cannot find a way to change colour saturation in Photo Gallery.
> Anyone know how to deal with this?

==================================
Maybe the following articles will offer some ideas...

(939395) When you view an image in Windows
Photo Gallery on a Windows Vista-based computer,
the image is yellow
When you view an image in Windows Photo Gallery on a Windows Vista-based computer, the image is yellow

Microsoft PhotoBlog Frequently Asked Questions:
Windows Live Photo & Video Blog : Frequently Asked Questions
Read: "Q: Why do my photos have an odd color
cast in the Photo Gallery (but look fine in the XP
Picture and Fax Viewer and IE)?"

Yellow pictures in Windows Photo Gallery
Yellow pictures in Windows Photo Gallery - Vista Forums
or...
Yellow pictures in Windows Photo Gallery - Vista Forums

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

John:
I'm most grateful. The Photoblog FAQ link provided an answer that has solved the problem. Many thanks!