Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

m4a files & Tag info in Colums

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-27-2008
goorambatman
 

Posts: n/a
m4a files & Tag info in Colums
Tag information in .m4a audio files doesn't show up. I have m4a files which
are tagged but nothing shows in the colums when I am browsing.

What do I need to do to get things like bit rate, artist, title etc. to show
in the collums?

I am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP1.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2008
goorambatman
 

Posts: n/a
RE: m4a files & Tag info in Colums
No problems here, just found an shell extension here:
http://www.whitebear.ch/music

Must restart the computer after installation though because I didn't and
while working with the m4a files I had the following Explorer crash
constantly at random:


Product
Windows Explorer

Problem
Stopped working

Date
28/10/2008 9:24 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: explorer.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
Fault Module Name: MUSICP~1.DLL_unloaded
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 48e896fb
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 069d2328
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Information 1: 40d4
Additional Information 2: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
Additional Information 3: 40d4
Additional Information 4: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2008
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: m4a files & Tag info in Colums

That's not random - that's indicating to you that MUSICP~1.DLL is probably
corrupting memory on shutdown.

It either goes by that filename or by musicp-something-.dll . Is that on
your system? What are the file properties on it?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"goorambatman" <goorambatman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:776BD82F-BFB2-4591-9BE5-8DF34C043FA5@microsoft.com...
> No problems here, just found an shell extension here:
> http://www.whitebear.ch/music
>
> Must restart the computer after installation though because I didn't and
> while working with the m4a files I had the following Explorer crash
> constantly at random:
>
>
> Product
> Windows Explorer
>
> Problem
> Stopped working
>
> Date
> 28/10/2008 9:24 PM
>
> Status
> Report Sent
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: explorer.exe
> Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
> Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
> Fault Module Name: MUSICP~1.DLL_unloaded
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 48e896fb
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: 069d2328
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 3081
> Additional Information 1: 40d4
> Additional Information 2: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
> Additional Information 3: 40d4
> Additional Information 4: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-05-2008
goorambatman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: m4a files & Tag info in Colums
C:\Program Files\Andrew Fiddian-Green\Shell Extension for M4A Music
Files\MusicProperties.dll

Size 648 KB (664,128 bytes)

Name of signer: Fiddian-Green Andrew

looks to have something to do with siemens


"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

>
> That's not random - that's indicating to you that MUSICP~1.DLL is probably
> corrupting memory on shutdown.
>
> It either goes by that filename or by musicp-something-.dll . Is that on
> your system? What are the file properties on it?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> --
> "goorambatman" <goorambatman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:776BD82F-BFB2-4591-9BE5-8DF34C043FA5@microsoft.com...
> > No problems here, just found an shell extension here:
> > http://www.whitebear.ch/music
> >
> > Must restart the computer after installation though because I didn't and
> > while working with the m4a files I had the following Explorer crash
> > constantly at random:
> >
> >
> > Product
> > Windows Explorer
> >
> > Problem
> > Stopped working
> >
> > Date
> > 28/10/2008 9:24 PM
> >
> > Status
> > Report Sent
> >
> > Problem signature
> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > Application Name: explorer.exe
> > Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
> > Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
> > Fault Module Name: MUSICP~1.DLL_unloaded
> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> > Fault Module Timestamp: 48e896fb
> > Exception Code: c0000005
> > Exception Offset: 069d2328
> > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> > Locale ID: 3081
> > Additional Information 1: 40d4
> > Additional Information 2: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
> > Additional Information 3: 40d4
> > Additional Information 4: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
> >
> >

>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2008
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: m4a files & Tag info in Colums

So what happens if you uninstall or remove that? I would think you would
stop crashing.

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"goorambatman" <goorambatman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:7C5D2B39-0BFA-44AF-9C54-4460315DBF24@microsoft.com...
> C:\Program Files\Andrew Fiddian-Green\Shell Extension for M4A Music
> Files\MusicProperties.dll
>
> Size 648 KB (664,128 bytes)
>
> Name of signer: Fiddian-Green Andrew
>
> looks to have something to do with siemens
>
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>>
>> That's not random - that's indicating to you that MUSICP~1.DLL is
>> probably
>> corrupting memory on shutdown.
>>
>> It either goes by that filename or by musicp-something-.dll . Is that on
>> your system? What are the file properties on it?
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> --
>> "goorambatman" <goorambatman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> news:776BD82F-BFB2-4591-9BE5-8DF34C043FA5@microsoft.com...
>> > No problems here, just found an shell extension here:
>> > http://www.whitebear.ch/music
>> >
>> > Must restart the computer after installation though because I didn't
>> > and
>> > while working with the m4a files I had the following Explorer crash
>> > constantly at random:
>> >
>> >
>> > Product
>> > Windows Explorer
>> >
>> > Problem
>> > Stopped working
>> >
>> > Date
>> > 28/10/2008 9:24 PM
>> >
>> > Status
>> > Report Sent
>> >
>> > Problem signature
>> > Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> > Application Name: explorer.exe
>> > Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
>> > Application Timestamp: 47918e5d
>> > Fault Module Name: MUSICP~1.DLL_unloaded
>> > Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
>> > Fault Module Timestamp: 48e896fb
>> > Exception Code: c0000005
>> > Exception Offset: 069d2328
>> > OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
>> > Locale ID: 3081
>> > Additional Information 1: 40d4
>> > Additional Information 2: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
>> > Additional Information 3: 40d4
>> > Additional Information 4: 4062ad41ec8067256aa4c5e2b56d3c79
>> >
>> >

>>


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2008
goorambatman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: m4a files & Tag info in Colums
I don't seem to have problems now. There wasn't a prompt to restart after I
installed this but after I restarted I haven't had any crashes. The problem
appears to be solved by a restart after installation.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding info to files UnknownTBeast microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 07-11-2008 23:14
Vista Explorer - Colums Wiidth ildegardo microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 12 05-18-2008 19:27
Removing Uninstall Info/Files Alan microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 02-05-2008 21:24
Files waiting to be burned info notice stevenssp microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 07-07-2007 22:18
Vista strips info from pictures and corrupts files!! Greg microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 0 06-19-2007 09:25




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 20:29.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120