Digital Image Suite on Vista Home Premium

cclarke0317

Digital Image Suite on Vista Home Premium

I really like the editing controls of Digital Image suite from our XP
system versus the Windows Photo Gallery of our Vista Home Premium
system. I had moved all of our pictures over to the Vista "Pictures"
folder, installed Digital Image suite, and everything looked good. We
were able to view and edit pictures, we did not attempt to remove
Windows Photo Gallery or our Office Photo manager.

Within the last few days, we noticed that the folders in DI were
changing in the DI library. It appeared to have multiple folders with
the same name. The pictures in the folders were not the same, some
pictures were physically located in completely different folders! What
happened?

We also saw that many of the pictures would not display as thumbnails.
I removed DI and reinstalled, no improvement. It is as if the DI library
has an index the needs to be rebuilt..........Has anyone seen this
before? Incompatability with a Vista program? Problem with a Vista
patch?

--
cclarke0317
John Inzer

Re: Digital Image Suite on Vista Home Premium
cclarke0317 wrote:
> I really like the editing controls of Digital Image suite from our XP
> system versus the Windows Photo Gallery of our Vista Home Premium
> system. I had moved all of our pictures over to the Vista "Pictures"
> folder, installed Digital Image suite, and everything looked good. We
> were able to view and edit pictures, we did not attempt to remove
> Windows Photo Gallery or our Office Photo manager.
>
> Within the last few days, we noticed that the folders in DI were
> changing in the DI library. It appeared to have multiple folders with
> the same name. The pictures in the folders were not the same, some
> pictures were physically located in completely different folders! What
> happened?
>
> We also saw that many of the pictures would not display as thumbnails.
> I removed DI and reinstalled, no improvement. It is as if the DI
> library has an index the needs to be rebuilt..........Has anyone seen
> this before? Incompatability with a Vista program? Problem with a
> Vista patch?

Which version of Digital Image Suite are
you using...9, 10, 2006, Anniversary?

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

cclarke0317

Re: Digital Image Suite on Vista Home Premium

Replying to my own thread! I searched this forum to see if I could find
similar symptoms, and Bingo! The solution was to rename the pictures.pd3
databases, restart Digital Image Suite (Anniversary Edition), and do
rescan of the harddrive for all of the pictures. The database was
rebuilt, and DI is running well, no duplicate folders, and the
thumbnails are now working. I had originally migrated everything from an
XP machine, so I'm not sure if info brought over from XP caused the
problem, or if it was something that just developed over time.
My thanks to John Inzer, whose reply to Judy put me on the right track!
Chris Clarke.
arty:

--
cclarke0317