Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Windows DVD maker----why bother !!!

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2008
pafos
 

Posts: n/a
Windows DVD maker----why bother !!!
Problem---DVD's burnt with Windows DVD maker will not fianalize amnd will not
play back on normal household players

Having spent a considerable amount of time and money (on blank media) trying
to produce a DVD that will play on my normal Panasonic player I have given
up. If you Google this problem there are many people out there with the same
problem so why cannot it be "fixed" once and for all by MS.

I have been trying to burn a photo slide show from Windows Live Photo
Gallery but all it does is spit out the disc at 98.8% completion. The DVD -R
plays perfectly on the PC but not on the stand alone player.

I even tried changing the Burner and media types but they all gave the same
problem. The disc is just not finalized.

I can burn DVD's with third party software and these play just fine,
equally, If I use XP pro all is well so it is down to Vista I am afraid. I
have the latest sp1 version of Vista and all drivers etc. are up to date.

In view of the above can anyone reccomend some decent software that will
burn DVD's properly with Vista AND produce slide shows from jpeg photos ??


--
thanks in advance for any help
Peter
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-13-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows DVD maker----why bother !!!
pafos wrote:
> Problem---DVD's burnt with Windows DVD maker will not fianalize amnd
> will not play back on normal household players
>
> Having spent a considerable amount of time and money (on blank media)
> trying to produce a DVD that will play on my normal Panasonic player
> I have given up. If you Google this problem there are many people out
> there with the same problem so why cannot it be "fixed" once and for
> all by MS.
>
> I have been trying to burn a photo slide show from Windows Live Photo
> Gallery but all it does is spit out the disc at 98.8% completion. The
> DVD -R plays perfectly on the PC but not on the stand alone player.
>
> I even tried changing the Burner and media types but they all gave
> the same problem. The disc is just not finalized.
>
> I can burn DVD's with third party software and these play just fine,
> equally, If I use XP pro all is well so it is down to Vista I am
> afraid. I have the latest sp1 version of Vista and all drivers etc.
> are up to date.
>
> In view of the above can anyone reccomend some decent software that
> will burn DVD's properly with Vista AND produce slide shows from jpeg
> photos ??

========================================
(scroll down for some links that may help you
with Windows DVD Maker)

You can use Movie Maker and/or PhotoStory 3
to create your slide shows.

PhotoStory 3 For Windows
http://tinyurl.com/4f869
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...y/default.mspx
(this is an XP app but many users report success
running it on Vista)

The following freeware might be your solution for
creating Video DVDs.

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

Be sure to read the Guide:
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

If you have problems downloading DVD Flick...
try the following direct link:

http://tinyurl.com/3wcglh
or...
http://voxel.dl.sourceforge.net/sour...up_1.3.0.2.exe

Save the file to a folder on your hard drive and
install from there.

Tutorials:

DVD Flick Tutorial
http://beginwithsoftware.com/videogu...ick-guide.html

Burn Any PC Video Format into DVD
http://www.freevideoworkshop.com/dvdflicktutorial.htm

Windows DVD Maker:

Windows Vista -
Help and How To:
Windows DVD Maker
http://tinyurl.com/yusbhl
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...=&qu=dvd+maker

Windows Vista -
Windows DVD Maker:
Burn a DVD-Video disc
http://tinyurl.com/38qgzd
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...93e6f1033.mspx

Windows Vista -
Burn pictures and movies to DVD-Video
disc using Windows DVD Maker
http://tinyurl.com/3xtcfs
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a60261033.mspx

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2008
pafos
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows DVD maker----why bother !!!
Hi John

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Using Windows Movie Maker and
burning with DVD Flick worked just fine for my purposes. For your info DVD
Flick will not burn files created with Windows Photostory3 (Codec problem).

What does annoy me is that I have spent good money on converting to Vista
only to have to use other software to do a job that is supposed to be part of
the OS in the first place. Vista shouts Multi Media but soemtimes fails.

Why cannot MS sort out these small niggles. This burning problem is well
known and has been around a long time.

Peter

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-15-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Windows DVD maker----why bother !!!
pafos wrote:
> Hi John
>
> Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Using Windows Movie Maker and
> burning with DVD Flick worked just fine for my purposes. For your
> info DVD Flick will not burn files created with Windows Photostory3
> (Codec problem).

===============================
Sorry, I should have mentioned that you
can import the PhotoStory .wmv files into
Movie Maker and when you save them
from there they will work.
===============================
> What does annoy me is that I have spent good money on converting to
> Vista only to have to use other software to do a job that is supposed
> to be part of the OS in the first place. Vista shouts Multi Media but
> soemtimes fails.
>
> Why cannot MS sort out these small niggles. This burning problem is
> well known and has been around a long time.
>
> Peter

===============================
Easy way out is just to search for solutions
that do work.

--

John Inzer MS-MVP
Digital Media Experience

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Szenen ├╝bernehmen von Windows Movie Maker in Windows DVD Maker Lore microsoft.public.de.windows.vista.multimedia 1 07-29-2008 22:28
Skype is annoying the crap out of me & why does Vista bother me when I disable things? invader@nospamforme.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 03-11-2008 21:36
RE: NOT ONE @SSHOLE CAN BOTHER TO ANSWER HOW MANY WEBSITES ARE SUPPORT Mick Murphy microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 08-25-2007 22:48
Should I even bother upgrading? Witchdrums microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 15 06-21-2007 08:35




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:23.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120