Photo Gallery Problem - Saving

trevorld

Photo Gallery Problem - Saving

*Photo Gallery Problem - Saving*
I have been looking for any information anyone may have on the
following
error message:

"*-Changes to this picture can not be saved because Photo Gallery has
experienced a problem"
-*
This happens after opening any and ALL pictures in Windows Photo
Gallery, making any
changes (crop, reduce red eye etc) then letting it "auto-save" (as
there is
no save option). It's almost as if the pictures are read only (I have
checked
- they're not).

I've exhausted all known avenues to me....if anybody has a fix
...please let me know

thanks

Trevor

Vista Home Premium 32bit

--
trevorld
trevorld

Re: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving

Any ideas...Anybody?

--
trevorld
dbknox

Re: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving

The only why to get around this I am afraid is ,before working on the
picture click on "file" select "make another copy " and then work with
the picture knowing that you have a copy to fall back on. You are right
this is a strange behavior especially after we all got used to the "save
as" function in all the other photo prgrams. Personally I use another
third party programs Paint.net among a few others.
Not much help I know sorry.

--
dbknox
cherrybee

Re: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving
I had this problem so had to make changes in a different program.This
defeated my object as I wanted to add tags and edit at the same time.I will
try that but when I tried save a copy it still didn't work

"dbknox" wrote:

> The only why to get around this I am afraid is ,before working on the
> picture click on "file" select "make another copy " and then work with
> the picture knowing that you have a copy to fall back on. You are right
> this is a strange behavior especially after we all got used to the "save
> as" function in all the other photo prgrams. Personally I use another
> third party programs Paint.net among a few others.
> Not much help I know sorry.
>

> --
> dbknox

dbknox

Re: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving

I think I misread the problem here are you saying that Photo Gallery
doesn't save changes after working on a picture. Ie when you close the
program it doesn't automatically save the work you have done?
The reason I got confused about the problem is that I notice when I run
the program and change the photo there is no "save as", so the origanal
would be lost sorry for the confusion.
I do not have this problem on my computer, but I have heard that this
happens a lot on Dell computers. I would be curious if this is the case
with you.

--
dbknox
cherrybee

Re: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving
when I make changes to the photo then return to the gallery it should save
it but it always pops up saying there is a problem and it just wont save the
changes. I tried amaking a copy and again it would not even make the copy it
just says It cant save the copy either.It is a real pain.They should have an
option to save as

"dbknox" wrote:

> I think I misread the problem here are you saying that Photo Gallery
> doesn't save changes after working on a picture. Ie when you close the
> program it doesn't automatically save the work you have done?
> The reason I got confused about the problem is that I notice when I run
> the program and change the photo there is no "save as", so the origanal
> would be lost sorry for the confusion.
> I do not have this problem on my computer, but I have heard that this
> happens a lot on Dell computers. I would be curious if this is the case
> with you.
>

> --
> dbknox

cherrybee

Re: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving
as soon as i have edited it I go back to library and it shouls auto save but
it just says it cant save it.I did try to make a copy to work on but again it
said it could not save the copy so a copy wasnt even made.It is a right
pain.I think they need to give the option to save as

"dbknox" wrote:

> I think I misread the problem here are you saying that Photo Gallery
> doesn't save changes after working on a picture. Ie when you close the
> program it doesn't automatically save the work you have done?
> The reason I got confused about the problem is that I notice when I run
> the program and change the photo there is no "save as", so the origanal
> would be lost sorry for the confusion.
> I do not have this problem on my computer, but I have heard that this
> happens a lot on Dell computers. I would be curious if this is the case
> with you.
>

> --
> dbknox

dbknox

Re: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving

I have to admit I am lost,you could try downloading and reinstalling it
from
'Windows Live Photo Gallery'
(http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview)
maybe that will fix it.

--
dbknox
cherrybee

Re: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving

Tried that
"dbknox" wrote:

> I have to admit I am lost,you could try downloading and reinstalling it
> from
> 'Windows Live Photo Gallery'
> (http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview)
> maybe that will fix it.
>

> --
> dbknox

JPerez @ OdysseySoftware

RE: Photo Gallery Problem - Saving
The problem is corruption of the copyrights field. I just uploaded a couple
of pics to my work pc and couldn't even change the orientation using any of
the default MS photo editors. Same error on close couldn't save. When I
uploaded these same pics to another pc using same method, same security patch
levels no problems. Studied the files carefully so I found some strange
characters in the copyright field when you check properties>details tab>under
the origin header. go to the copyrights field remove the characters>apply and
close. You'll find you can edit the files without a problem.