Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

windows photo gallery cannot open image

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=
 

Posts: n/a
windows photo gallery cannot open image
When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
saying:

An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
Any suggestions?

TIA
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 04-10-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: windows photo gallery cannot open image
I get that very same error too.

Any Help Guys?

"Joe" wrote:

> When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
> saying:
>
> An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 04-11-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: windows photo gallery cannot open image
No solution from anybody for this problem?

My installation is an upgrade..... Should I plan to format everything and
start from scrap????? (a lot of time installing and configuring
everything.... urghph....).

Thanks
Giorgio

"Chris" wrote:

> I get that very same error too.
>
> Any Help Guys?
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
> > saying:
> >
> > An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > TIA

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Qm9vYmFpbGV5?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: windows photo gallery cannot open image
I'm having the same problem. . .so far no solution has been found.

"Joe" wrote:

> When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
> saying:
>
> An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 04-18-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Qm9vYmFpbGV5?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: windows photo gallery cannot open image
This fix worked for me. . .
To resolve this isse, I first recommend you to run System File Checker.
This will check for the corrupted Windows system files and replace them with
a fresh copy. Use the following steps to run System File Checker:


1. Click the Start button.
2. In the Search box, type command prompt.
3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password
or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
4. Type the following command and press Enter.

sfc /scannow



"Joe" wrote:

> When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
> saying:
>
> An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Sm9l?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: windows photo gallery cannot open image
Thank you really very much, now the problem is fixed!

SFC /Scannow ... (then a reboot) fixed the problem.

Bye bye
Giorgio

"Boobailey" wrote:

> This fix worked for me. . .
> To resolve this isse, I first recommend you to run System File Checker.
> This will check for the corrupted Windows system files and replace them with
> a fresh copy. Use the following steps to run System File Checker:
>
>
> 1. Click the Start button.
> 2. In the Search box, type command prompt.
> 3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
> Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password
> or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
> 4. Type the following command and press Enter.
>
> sfc /scannow
>
>
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
> > saying:
> >
> > An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > TIA

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 04-19-2007
=?Utf-8?B?Q2hyaXM=?=
 

Posts: n/a
RE: windows photo gallery cannot open image
Thanks Very Much!!!

"Joe" wrote:

> Thank you really very much, now the problem is fixed!
>
> SFC /Scannow ... (then a reboot) fixed the problem.
>
> Bye bye
> Giorgio
>
> "Boobailey" wrote:
>
> > This fix worked for me. . .
> > To resolve this isse, I first recommend you to run System File Checker.
> > This will check for the corrupted Windows system files and replace them with
> > a fresh copy. Use the following steps to run System File Checker:
> >
> >
> > 1. Click the Start button.
> > 2. In the Search box, type command prompt.
> > 3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
> > Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password
> > or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
> > 4. Type the following command and press Enter.
> >
> > sfc /scannow
> >
> >
> >
> > "Joe" wrote:
> >
> > > When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
> > > saying:
> > >
> > > An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
> > > Any suggestions?
> > >
> > > TIA

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-08-2007
Mat
 

Posts: n/a
RE: windows photo gallery cannot open image
Wonderful!!! I was having the same problem and now it is fixed. I was
getting so frustrated...Thanks again!!

"Chris" wrote:

> Thanks Very Much!!!
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > Thank you really very much, now the problem is fixed!
> >
> > SFC /Scannow ... (then a reboot) fixed the problem.
> >
> > Bye bye
> > Giorgio
> >
> > "Boobailey" wrote:
> >
> > > This fix worked for me. . .
> > > To resolve this isse, I first recommend you to run System File Checker.
> > > This will check for the corrupted Windows system files and replace them with
> > > a fresh copy. Use the following steps to run System File Checker:
> > >
> > >
> > > 1. Click the Start button.
> > > 2. In the Search box, type command prompt.
> > > 3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
> > > Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password
> > > or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
> > > 4. Type the following command and press Enter.
> > >
> > > sfc /scannow
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > "Joe" wrote:
> > >
> > > > When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
> > > > saying:
> > > >
> > > > An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
> > > > Any suggestions?
> > > >
> > > > TIA

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-12-2007
mr. unknown
 

Posts: n/a
RE: windows photo gallery cannot open image
Thanks...

"Boobailey" wrote:

> This fix worked for me. . .
> To resolve this isse, I first recommend you to run System File Checker.
> This will check for the corrupted Windows system files and replace them with
> a fresh copy. Use the following steps to run System File Checker:
>
>
> 1. Click the Start button.
> 2. In the Search box, type command prompt.
> 3. In the list of results, right-click Command Prompt, and then click
> Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password
> or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
> 4. Type the following command and press Enter.
>
> sfc /scannow
>
>
>
> "Joe" wrote:
>
> > When I go in the photo gallery and double click an image, I get a messagebox
> > saying:
> >
> > An error is preventing the Windows Photo Gallery Viewer from starting....
> > Any suggestions?
> >
> > TIA

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows Photo Gallery shutsdown when I search gallery =?Utf-8?B?U3RldmU=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 09-02-2008 22:17
saving zoomed image in photo gallery? =?Utf-8?B?ZWNtQGVtb2tvdG9mZi5jb20=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 1 03-19-2007 06:22
How to: Open one instance of MS Photo Gallery Full Time Lurker microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 03-04-2007 01:40
Can't open pix in photo gallery =?Utf-8?B?S2lscmJvc2U=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 03-01-2007 02:41
Photo Gallery,Multiple Open Programs =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 02-28-2007 21:09




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 13:25.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120