Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Printing to a specific size

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2007
=?Utf-8?B?amVkaXhp?=
 

Posts: n/a
Printing to a specific size
I've edited a photo to be square, and I'd like to print it out so that on
paper it winds up being exactly 3"x3". It seems, though, that if I use the
Photo Printing Wizard, my best option is to keep the photo square, but it
will wind up scaling to the size of the paper (i.e. if I print to 4" by 6",
the photo will wind up 4" by 4"). I'd love to be able to specify the actual
output size of the image without using the templated sizes given by the
wizard. Is this possible?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing to a specific size
jedixi wrote:
> I've edited a photo to be square, and I'd like to print it out so
> that on paper it winds up being exactly 3"x3". It seems, though,
> that if I use the Photo Printing Wizard, my best option is to keep
> the photo square, but it will wind up scaling to the size of the
> paper (i.e. if I print to 4" by 6", the photo will wind up 4" by 4").
> I'd love to be able to specify the actual output size of the image
> without using the templated sizes given by the wizard. Is this
> possible?

==================================
The following free software
may be useful to you.

FastStone Image Viewer
http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm

If you need to crop your selected image
type X to open the Crop Board.

Once you have the aspect ratio (shape)
you require...go to...File / Print...

On the Print screen...Open the "Size" drop
window and choose "Specified Size"

Check the "Preserve Aspect Ratio" box.
Be sure "inch" is selected in the
"Measurement units" window.

Enter: Width: 3"
Height: 3"

Print.

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2007
=?Utf-8?B?amVkaXhp?=
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing to a specific size


"John Inzer" wrote:

> jedixi wrote:
> > I've edited a photo to be square, and I'd like to print it out so
> > that on paper it winds up being exactly 3"x3". It seems, though,
> > that if I use the Photo Printing Wizard, my best option is to keep
> > the photo square, but it will wind up scaling to the size of the
> > paper (i.e. if I print to 4" by 6", the photo will wind up 4" by 4").
> > I'd love to be able to specify the actual output size of the image
> > without using the templated sizes given by the wizard. Is this
> > possible?

> ==================================
> The following free software
> may be useful to you.
>
> FastStone Image Viewer
> http://www.faststone.org/FSViewerDetail.htm
>
> If you need to crop your selected image
> type X to open the Crop Board.
>
> Once you have the aspect ratio (shape)
> you require...go to...File / Print...
>
> On the Print screen...Open the "Size" drop
> window and choose "Specified Size"
>
> Check the "Preserve Aspect Ratio" box.
> Be sure "inch" is selected in the
> "Measurement units" window.
>
> Enter: Width: 3"
> Height: 3"
>
> Print.
>
> --
> John Inzer
> MS Picture It! -
> Digital Image MVP
>
> Digital Image
> Highlights and FAQs
> http://tinyurl.com/aczzp
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>


I'm not terribly interested in 3rd party software here. There are about a
million solutions using 3rd party stuff. I'd like to be able to do it
straight through Vista's fancy new interface. If it's just not possible,
then that's fine, I'm just hoping for a nice clean (and easy to miss)
solution.
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 03-30-2007
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing to a specific size
jedixi wrote:
> I'm not terribly interested in 3rd party software here. There are
> about a million solutions using 3rd party stuff. I'd like to be able
> to do it straight through Vista's fancy new interface. If it's just
> not possible, then that's fine, I'm just hoping for a nice clean (and
> easy to miss) solution.

====================================
Pardon me.

--
John Inzer
MS Picture It! -
Digital Image MVP

Digital Image
Highlights and FAQs
http://tinyurl.com/aczzp

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 03-31-2007
Keith Miller MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Printing to a specific size
If you've already edited it to a certain size, print it from Paint.

--
Good Luck,

Keith
Microsoft MVP [Windows XP Shell/User]

"jedixi" <jedixi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:4CCE8413-5491-4079-9357-2784F4DA5BF2@microsoft.com...
> I've edited a photo to be square, and I'd like to print it out so that on
> paper it winds up being exactly 3"x3". It seems, though, that if I use
> the
> Photo Printing Wizard, my best option is to keep the photo square, but it
> will wind up scaling to the size of the paper (i.e. if I print to 4" by
> 6",
> the photo will wind up 4" by 4"). I'd love to be able to specify the
> actual
> output size of the image without using the templated sizes given by the
> wizard. Is this possible?


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Printing pictures original size? =?Utf-8?B?bG93bWF6?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 6 04-13-2007 14:52
How to defragment a specific drive? Imageman microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-17-2007 17:34
Re: how to backup specific folders? =?Utf-8?B?U3Rhbg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-01-2007 09:05
Reduce font size or increase size of program guide grid? Dan microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 02-04-2007 09:31
How to setup an specific sound card to work with specific programs =?Utf-8?B?U3R1c2VydmVy?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 4 01-07-2007 02:01




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:52.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120