WinVista business not running video.

Hollis Paul

WinVista business not running video.

I have both a WinVista Ultimate and a WinVista Business client on my
network. When I click on this link(
http://www.kossan.se/roliga-filmer/elaka_kundvagnar.htm ) in WinVista
Ulti, the video runs just fine. When I click on the link in WinVista
Biz, the page comes up but does not run. How do I get the video to run
in WinVista Biz?

--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA

zachd [MSFT]

Re: WinVista business not running video.

What happens? That page appears to use Adobe Flash - have you reinstalled
the Flash component from the Adobe website?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Hollis Paul" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message

> I have both a WinVista Ultimate and a WinVista Business client on my
> network. When I click on this link(
> http://www.kossan.se/roliga-filmer/elaka_kundvagnar.htm ) in WinVista
> Ulti, the video runs just fine. When I click on the link in WinVista
> Biz, the page comes up but does not run. How do I get the video to run
> in WinVista Biz?
>
> --
> Hollis Paul
> Mukilteo, WA USA

Hollis Paul

Re: WinVista business not running video.
In article <E0851E06-F796-4F88-B763-1D7BD3E048B3@microsoft.com>, Zachd [MSFT]
wrote:
> What happens? That page appears to use Adobe Flash - have you reinstalled
> the Flash component from the Adobe website?

It just loads up and sits there. Following your suggestion, I went off to
the adobe website and downloaded the adobe reader and flash player. The
video plays now. Thank you.

The download of the adobe reader carried a bonus, if you are in a positive
frame of mind. In also downloads the Google toolbar and installs it. Is
that thing dangerous to have installed and not showing? I have heard about
some dangers caused by the Google toolbar, but ignored because I had never
installed it. But, here it is. Should I uninstall it?

> The download of the adobe reader carried a bonus, if you are in a positive
> frame of mind. In also downloads the Google toolbar and installs it. Is
> that thing dangerous to have installed and not showing? I have heard
> about
> some dangers caused by the Google toolbar, but ignored because I had never
> installed it. But, here it is. Should I uninstall it?

I don't believe in toolbars myself, so if it was me I would. If you feel
it's net-net a value-add, party on with it. =)

> Mukilteo, WA USA

That's where a bunch of my uncles and cousins (the Robinsons) live. Say hi.
;-)

-Zach
Kirkland, WA USA
--
Speaking for myself only.

Hollis Paul

In article <ePMibcrIJHA.468@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>, Zachd [MSFT] wrote:
> That's where a bunch of my uncles and cousins (the Robinsons) live. Say hi.
> ;-)

Mukilteo is no longer a small town where everybody knows everybody else. The
have made two aggressive annexations which doubled, then tripled the city's
population; and are looking at a third, which will gobble up another 27000
souls on the south end, before Lynnwood can snatch them up.

I am a brown recluse, living in a garden tucked behind a hillock on the shore
of a eutrophied lake on the middle shelf where the land sloughed off into the
sea in an ancient earthquake. There are gulches reaching up east of me trying
to erode us all, pull us into the sea, and silence that horrible little airport
known as Pain Field. Ours is the fourth house in on a private driveway from
88th street, and I don't even know the next next neighbors, east or west, on
88th street. Who is Mrs. Robinson, anyway?

--
Hollis Paul
Mukilteo, WA USA