Burning DVD's to play in stand alone DVD player.

J. Deere

Burning DVD's to play in stand alone DVD player.
I'm new at this computer thing and old enough to figure if it's too much
trouble to just forget it, but young enough to want to try. Since Windows
Media Player will not burn movies to DVD, which program would be the best
(easiest or, at least< least complicated) at a reasonable price, to use for
this venture. I have some old home movies that my sister had put on DVD and I
want to copy them to send to other relatives. Bear in mind I am new at this
and don't know what I'm doing.
Thanks,
oscar

RE: Burning DVD's to play in stand alone DVD player.
One of the easiest ways to copy homemade audio or DVD discs is to use the
software called: Roxio Media Center. Some computer manufacturers included a
limited version on the computer. If you have it on your computer you would
find it by going to Start Menu > All Programs > Roxio.

This software is also available at places like Best Buy. There are other
ways to do what you want but this may be the easiest (therefore fastest) way
for you.

Hope this helps.

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"J. Deere" wrote:

> I'm new at this computer thing and old enough to figure if it's too much
> trouble to just forget it, but young enough to want to try. Since Windows
> Media Player will not burn movies to DVD, which program would be the best
> (easiest or, at least< least complicated) at a reasonable price, to use for
> this venture. I have some old home movies that my sister had put on DVD and I
> want to copy them to send to other relatives. Bear in mind I am new at this
> and don't know what I'm doing.
> Thanks,

John Inzer

J. Deere wrote:
> I'm new at this computer thing and old enough to figure if it's too
> much trouble to just forget it, but young enough to want to try.
> Since Windows Media Player will not burn movies to DVD, which program
> would be the best (easiest or, at least< least complicated) at a
> reasonable price, to use for this venture. I have some old home
> movies that my sister had put on DVD and I want to copy them to send
> to other relatives. Bear in mind I am new at this and don't know what
> I'm doing.
> Thanks,

======================================
If you are running Vista Home Premium or Ultimate...
you can use Windows DVD Maker...the following
articles should get you started. (If not...scroll down)

Beginner's Guide To Windows DVD Maker
http://www.windowsdvdmaker.com/guides/Beginner/

Windows Vista -
Help and How To:
Windows DVD Maker
http://tinyurl.com/yusbhl
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/win...=&qu=dvd+maker

The following freebie might be worth a try:

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

Be sure to read the Guide:
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php