Windows Media Player 11 crashes my Vista

Abyssnight

Windows Media Player 11 crashes my Vista

I do not even know why this is happening, but most of the time I use it,
my vista locks up completely and I have to restart. I use Media Player
Classic, since that doesn't kill my computer (It doesn't have the replay
button =( ) but anyways, the really annoying part is that, sometimes it
will kill my Vista and I have to reformat and reinstall, losing a lot of
important data files, not to mention spending a day getting all the
stuff back...
Please I really want help on this. I'm on SP1 btw, Thank you for
reading.

--
Abyssnight
oscar

RE: Windows Media Player 11 crashes my Vista
If Vista is still crashing after reinstalling it and if you're not damaging
OS files while trying to "tweak" Vista, then test your hardware such as HD,
RAM, MB chipset, etc.
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"Abyssnight" wrote:

> I do not even know why this is happening, but most of the time I use it,
> my vista locks up completely and I have to restart. I use Media Player
> Classic, since that doesn't kill my computer (It doesn't have the replay
> button =( ) but anyways, the really annoying part is that, sometimes it
> will kill my Vista and I have to reformat and reinstall, losing a lot of
> important data files, not to mention spending a day getting all the
> stuff back...
> Please I really want help on this. I'm on SP1 btw, Thank you for
> reading.
>

> --
> Abyssnight

zappaboss

Re: Windows Media Player 11 crashes my Vista

Hi Abyssnight, I have the post "WinMediaPlayer missing files" on the
board and have been getting some help here on Vista Forums, maybe have a
look.
I'm curious, how long have you had Vista? Did this crash and reformat
stuff start soon after sp1? I'm a member of a few forums [not a tech
guy] and have read many a post regarding problems with WMP. I ran
win98,winME and xp for the last 10 years and can only remember
uninstalling and reinstalling WMP once when on 98. Ran ME for 7 years
without having to format the drive. I'd use another player before I'd
format over WMP but my problem as simple as it sounds is indicating Ill
probably have to. So far in my 2 months or running Vista I am finding
out its a overly security conscious, user controlling operating system
that finds many an old favorite program incompatible. You have to say
the onboard diagnostics are all there-Maybe MS was trying to tell us
something "we'll need them"! Have you ever got a "solution" for a
problem from Problem Reports and Solutions. Today I had 7 problems for
program incompatibility on a program I downloaded from MS that is for
Vista. No answers. I can see the frustration in your post. I feel the
same way. I may format once but after that they can keep it. WMP built
in to the os'--come on now. Thanks for lettin' me vent..........:cry:
Zap

--
zappaboss
zappaboss

Re: Windows Media Player 11 crashes my Vista

Heres' a good read on WMP. Zachd is on this forum.
'WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems.'
(http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html)

--
zappaboss