windows media player stopped working

Hppyguy

windows media player stopped working
wmp 11 stopped working after I try to play a video from my cam and also my
windows movie maker also crashes. NONE saletlite TV is in my laptop.. only a
link.

Please HELP

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: wmplayer.exe
Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
Application Timestamp: 47919356
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: aa000080
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

marty

RE: windows media player stopped working
hi media player is very fussy about what it will play i had alot of problems
with it untill i did some research on the correct codecs to install i do know
that cams wont play on wmp without the codecs installed try insalling "vista
codecs" it solved most of my probs
--
martyb

"Hppyguy" wrote:

> wmp 11 stopped working after I try to play a video from my cam and also my
> windows movie maker also crashes. NONE saletlite TV is in my laptop.. only a
> link.
>
> Please HELP
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
> Application Timestamp: 47919356
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: aa000080
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: fd00
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> Additional Information 3: fd00
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Hppyguy via WindowsKB.com

RE: windows media player stopped working
Thank you for answer my question, but were do I get the vista codes?

marty wrote:
>hi media player is very fussy about what it will play i had alot of problems
>with it untill i did some research on the correct codecs to install i do know
>that cams wont play on wmp without the codecs installed try insalling "vista
>codecs" it solved most of my probs
>> wmp 11 stopped working after I try to play a video from my cam and also my
>> windows movie maker also crashes. NONE saletlite TV is in my laptop.. only a

>[quoted text clipped - 18 lines]
>> Additional Information 3: fd00
>> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Hppyguy via WindowsKB.com

RE: windows media player stopped working
still the problems continues, wmp 11 crashes after I try to open a video
file or if I attemp to use windows dvd maker.. HELP

Hppyguy wrote:
>Thank you for answer my question, but were do I get the vista codes?
>
>>hi media player is very fussy about what it will play i had alot of problems
>>with it untill i did some research on the correct codecs to install i do know

>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>>> Additional Information 3: fd00
>>> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

oscar

RE: windows media player stopped working
Another thing to check out: if you have installed any third party media
software, the third party software's codes (codecs) may be interferring with
WMP 11 and/or WDVD Maker and WMM. I had a similar problem when I had
installed software from a mp3 player CD package. Uninstalling that 3rd party
software brought my Vista media packages back to normal.

--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...

"Hppyguy via WindowsKB.com" wrote:

> still the problems continues, wmp 11 crashes after I try to open a video
> file or if I attemp to use windows dvd maker.. HELP
>
> Hppyguy wrote:
> >Thank you for answer my question, but were do I get the vista codes?
> >
> >>hi media player is very fussy about what it will play i had alot of problems
> >>with it untill i did some research on the correct codecs to install i do know

> >[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player stopped working

Do you have WinDVD on this system? This seems like a crash in the WinDVD
audio codec, iviaudio.ax .

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Hppyguy" <u46215@uwe> wrote in message news:8a311ed56600a@uwe...
> wmp 11 stopped working after I try to play a video from my cam and also
> my
> windows movie maker also crashes. NONE saletlite TV is in my laptop.. only
> link.
>
> Please HELP
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> Application Name: wmplayer.exe
> Application Version: 11.0.6001.7000
> Application Timestamp: 47919356
> Fault Module Name: StackHash_fd00
> Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
> Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
> Exception Code: c0000005
> Exception Offset: aa000080
> OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
> Additional Information 1: fd00
> Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
> Additional Information 3: fd00
> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Hppyguy via WindowsKB.com

RE: windows media player stopped working
Yes I do have Win DVD thta came with my Vaio laptop, I used it to watch
BluRay movies, I didnt used to have problems with it neither with WMP
before, uninstall WinDVD then I would not have any means to watch my blu ray
moves, any other advise to avoid wmp 11 from crashing?

zachd [MSFT] wrote:
>Do you have WinDVD on this system? This seems like a crash in the WinDVD
>audio codec, iviaudio.ax .
>
>> wmp 11 stopped working after I try to play a video from my cam and also
>> my

>[quoted text clipped - 20 lines]
>> Additional Information 3: fd00
>> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Hppyguy via WindowsKB.com

Re: windows media player stopped working
any fixes to Win DVD that my solve the wpm 11 problem?

Hppyguy wrote:
>Yes I do have Win DVD thta came with my Vaio laptop, I used it to watch
>BluRay movies, I didnt used to have problems with it neither with WMP
>before, uninstall WinDVD then I would not have any means to watch my blu ray
>moves, any other advise to avoid wmp 11 from crashing?
>
>>Do you have WinDVD on this system? This seems like a crash in the WinDVD
>>audio codec, iviaudio.ax .

>[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
>>> Additional Information 3: fd00
>>> Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

zachd [MSFT]

Re: windows media player stopped working

PowerDVD also works to play Blu-Ray discs... I'd suggest following up with
WinDVD on this. They can register their audio filter at a level such that
it does not get used in the player (MERIT_DO_NOT_USE) if there's some
problem with it *and* they can't fix it. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.