Music Folder has standard folder icon

Tristan-117

Music Folder has standard folder icon

Hello

Today I noticed on my computer that when i open the start menu and open
the folder with my name tristan on it, the music folder no longer has
the cool, blue looking icon, instead it has the standard folder icon.

Why? How can I fix it?

I recently downloaded limewire and itunes, does this have something to
do with it?

--
Tristan-117
John Inzer

Re: Music Folder has standard folder icon
Tristan-117 wrote:
> Hello
>
> Today I noticed on my computer that when i open the start menu and
> open the folder with my name tristan on it, the music folder no
> longer has the cool, blue looking icon, instead it has the standard
> folder icon.
>
> Why? How can I fix it?
>
> I recently downloaded limewire and itunes, does this have something to
> do with it?

=============================
Maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

Windows Vista -
How to Fix a Personal User Shell Folder Displayed as a Standard Yellow
Folder Icon in Vista
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/90...l-folders.html

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Ramesh Srinivasan, MS-MVP

Re: Music Folder has standard folder icon
This happens if the Desktop.ini file in the Music folder is
missing/incorrect or lost the RO attribute. See:

Shell folders are displayed with the standard folder icon in Windows Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/article...ows-Vista.html

-or-

Fix Desktop.INI files in Special Folders using DesktopINIFix for Windows
Vista:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/fi...desktopinifix/

--
Regards,

The Winhelponline Blog http://www.winhelponline.com/blog

"Tristan-117" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello
>
> Today I noticed on my computer that when i open the start menu and open
> the folder with my name tristan on it, the music folder no longer has
> the cool, blue looking icon, instead it has the standard folder icon.
>
> Why? How can I fix it?
>
> I recently downloaded limewire and itunes, does this have something to
> do with it?
>

> --
> Tristan-117

Brink

Re: Music Folder has standard folder icon

Hello Tristan,

This tutorial will help show you how to fix your Music folder icon back
to the default one.

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/90...l-folders.html

Hope this helps,
Shawn