Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

download, edit, create, post

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
Sandy
 

Posts: n/a
download, edit, create, post
I want to take a long, boring educational video and edit out the good parts
and eventually post it on youtube.
I cant figure out how to download it.
I have Vista home premium. I need to download first I presume.
Then I need to cut out the good stuff.
Then make a DVD.
Then post.
Please help.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post
Sandy wrote:
> I want to take a long, boring educational video and edit out the good
> parts and eventually post it on youtube.
> I cant figure out how to download it.
> I have Vista home premium. I need to download first I presume.
> Then I need to cut out the good stuff.
> Then make a DVD.
> Then post.
> Please help.

============================
Download it from where?

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
Sandy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post
a DVD

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Sandy wrote:
> > I want to take a long, boring educational video and edit out the good
> > parts and eventually post it on youtube.
> > I cant figure out how to download it.
> > I have Vista home premium. I need to download first I presume.
> > Then I need to cut out the good stuff.
> > Then make a DVD.
> > Then post.
> > Please help.

> ============================
> Download it from where?
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
Sandy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post
I should add I have permission to use it.

"John Inzer" wrote:

> Sandy wrote:
> > I want to take a long, boring educational video and edit out the good
> > parts and eventually post it on youtube.
> > I cant figure out how to download it.
> > I have Vista home premium. I need to download first I presume.
> > Then I need to cut out the good stuff.
> > Then make a DVD.
> > Then post.
> > Please help.

> ============================
> Download it from where?
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post
What do you mean by download?
From the internet?
Right click and choose save as.
If this option isn't available then the maker has put security on it to stop
you doing what you want to do.

Otherwise, what format is the video on?

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:08603C19-C427-4214-8326-E33753561914@microsoft.com...
>I want to take a long, boring educational video and edit out the good parts
> and eventually post it on youtube.
> I cant figure out how to download it.
> I have Vista home premium. I need to download first I presume.
> Then I need to cut out the good stuff.
> Then make a DVD.
> Then post.
> Please help.



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
Graham Hughes
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post
Ok, forget my first post, these have just popped up now.
Put teh dvd in your dvd drive and go to import, navigate to the vido_ts
folder and choose the large vob, maybe more than one.

Sometimes mpegs don't work well in MM, so you may need to convert these vobs
to wmv first
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...tMpeg2wmv.html

If it's to go to YouTube no need to make a dvd at the end of it, just use
save as wmv and save to your pc then upload.

--

Graham Hughes
MVP Digital Media
www.myvideoproblems.com


"Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:CF754BD5-0F28-4913-9C8D-1B20B7F1F2C3@microsoft.com...
>I should add I have permission to use it.
>
> "John Inzer" wrote:
>
>> Sandy wrote:
>> > I want to take a long, boring educational video and edit out the good
>> > parts and eventually post it on youtube.
>> > I cant figure out how to download it.
>> > I have Vista home premium. I need to download first I presume.
>> > Then I need to cut out the good stuff.
>> > Then make a DVD.
>> > Then post.
>> > Please help.

>> ============================
>> Download it from where?
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Inzer
>> MS Digital Media MVP
>>
>> Notice
>> This is not tech support
>> I am a volunteer
>>
>> Solutions that work for
>> me may not work for you
>>
>> Proceed at your own risk
>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 09-06-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post
Sandy wrote:
> a DVD

=====================================
Try the following info from PapaJohn...

Import VOB into Vista Movie Maker:

Look for the files with .vob extensions...
if you are using Home Premium or
Ultimate versions of Vista, try importing
them into Movie Maker without conversion.

And...maybe the following article will offer some ideas:

Windows Vista -
From DVD to Movie Maker 6...
in Vista's Home Basic
http://tinyurl.com/6r6mj8
or...
http://www.papajohn.org/Newsletters/...HomeBasic.html

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2008
Sandy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post
I dont understand any of the info that has been posted to my question.

"Graham Hughes" wrote:

> What do you mean by download?
> From the internet?
> Right click and choose save as.
> If this option isn't available then the maker has put security on it to stop
> you doing what you want to do.
>
> Otherwise, what format is the video on?
>
> --
>
> Graham Hughes
> MVP Digital Media
> www.myvideoproblems.com
>
>
> "Sandy" <Sandy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:08603C19-C427-4214-8326-E33753561914@microsoft.com...
> >I want to take a long, boring educational video and edit out the good parts
> > and eventually post it on youtube.
> > I cant figure out how to download it.
> > I have Vista home premium. I need to download first I presume.
> > Then I need to cut out the good stuff.
> > Then make a DVD.
> > Then post.
> > Please help.

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 09-07-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post
Sandy wrote:
> I dont understand any of the info
> that has been posted to my question.

===========================
Sorry about that...video editing can
certainly be a confusing task.

You may be able to import the VOB files
from your DVD directly into Movie Maker.

However the problem is that Movie Maker
has issues with .mpg files (which is what
they actually are). This is why we are
suggesting that you convert the files to a
different format before importing them.

===

Graham Hughes posted an article for you
that offers a method for converting the VOB
files to .wmv.

Sometimes mpegs don't work well in MM,
so you may need to convert these vobs
to wmv first
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...tMpeg2wmv.html

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2008
SIW2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: download, edit, create, post

Hi,

You can drag and drop vob files into Movie Maker if you don't want to
mess about converting them.


Hope this helps

SIW2


--
SIW2
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Edit vorige post: Windows hostproces Robert Kunst microsoft.public.nl.windows.vista 3 10-11-2007 13:52
Unable to download files!! HELP!!! 2nd post Theresa microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 37 09-12-2007 13:13
wanted-ability to edit your post on the community BB cowgirl in the sand microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 08-23-2007 04:15
Can't create or edit Signatures in WM R. C. White, MVP microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail 3 04-13-2007 17:55
Create or download themes! Amrykid microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-23-2007 23:09




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 23:09.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120