Won't publish!

patiotaiza

Won't publish!
I have a 5 minute-long project and when trying to publish it to my PC I get
the following message:

'Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified location.
Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available,
that the publishing location is still available, that there is enough free
disk space available, and then try again.'

I have enough space available in my PC (8 GB left), checked for missing
files and they're all OK, tried with various different publishing
locations... and it still wont work.
I'm sad, can anybody help me please??
Thanks!
John Inzer

Re: Won't publish!
patiotaiza wrote:
> I have a 5 minute-long project and when trying to publish it to my PC
> I get the following message:
>
> 'Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified
> location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie
> are still available, that the publishing location is still available,
> that there is enough free disk space available, and then try again.'
>
> I have enough space available in my PC (8 GB left), checked for
> missing files and they're all OK, tried with various different
> publishing locations... and it still wont work.
> I'm sad, can anybody help me please??
> Thanks!

=================================
You may have some incompatibility issues
with your source files. Have a look at the
following articles:

Movie Maker 2 - Problem Solving -
'Can't Save A Movie'
http://tinyurl.com/yjvztz
or
http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Issues-CantSaveMovie.html

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Which file type should I use in Movie Maker?
http://tinyurl.com/6n66g3
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...MovieMaker.htm

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

patiotaiza

Re: Won't publish!
I forgot to add that I have published several movies before (in the same
computer, with some of the same source files), so I dont know why this one is
being so weird...but Ill check the links you mentioned, thank you very much!
By the way, if that doesnt work, is there a way to uninstall the program and
then install it again and still keep the projects Ive made? Can I install the
older version of Movie Maker maybe? I really cant lose that project and I
cant get any work done either cause Im afraid Ill add more minutes to it and
then be unable to publish it...
I really appreciate your help, thanks!

"John Inzer" wrote:

> patiotaiza wrote:
> > I have a 5 minute-long project and when trying to publish it to my PC
> > I get the following message:
> >
> > 'Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified
> > location. Verify that the original source files used in your movie
> > are still available, that the publishing location is still available,
> > that there is enough free disk space available, and then try again.'
> >
> > I have enough space available in my PC (8 GB left), checked for
> > missing files and they're all OK, tried with various different
> > publishing locations... and it still wont work.
> > I'm sad, can anybody help me please??
> > Thanks!

> =================================
> You may have some incompatibility issues
> with your source files. Have a look at the
> following articles:
>
> Movie Maker 2 - Problem Solving -
> 'Can't Save A Movie'
> http://tinyurl.com/yjvztz
> or
> http://www.papajohn.org/MM2-Issues-CantSaveMovie.html
>
> File type compatibility with Movie Maker
> http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
> or...
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
>
> Which file type should I use in Movie Maker?
> http://tinyurl.com/6n66g3
> or...
> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...MovieMaker.htm
>

> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

John Inzer

Re: Won't publish!
patiotaiza wrote:
> I forgot to add that I have published several movies before (in the
> same computer, with some of the same source files), so I dont know
> why this one is being so weird...but Ill check the links you
> mentioned, thank you very much! By the way, if that doesnt work, is
> there a way to uninstall the program and then install it again and
> still keep the projects Ive made? Can I install the older version of
> Movie Maker maybe? I really cant lose that project and I cant get any
> work done either cause Im afraid Ill add more minutes to it and then
> be unable to publish it...
> I really appreciate your help, thanks!

=============================
There's a light version of Movie Maker for
Vista but your source files may still be the
problem.

Windows Movie Maker 2.6 for Vista
For Vista users who cannot run the
Vista version 6 of Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2jqfac
or...
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...playlang=en&tm
--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Rebecca!

RE: Won't publish!
I have the exact same problem! It is so frustrating. The video clips were
origionally AVI but they kept freexing while I was editing, so I converted
them to WMV and it wont save, so I converted them back and I have the same
problem as the 1st one! Do you know any other formats Windows Movie Maker
takes? Frustrated!!

"patiotaiza" wrote:

> I have a 5 minute-long project and when trying to publish it to my PC I get
> the following message:
>
> 'Windows Movie Maker cannot publish the movie to the specified location.
> Verify that the original source files used in your movie are still available,
> that the publishing location is still available, that there is enough free
> disk space available, and then try again.'
>
> I have enough space available in my PC (8 GB left), checked for missing
> files and they're all OK, tried with various different publishing
> locations... and it still wont work.
> I'm sad, can anybody help me please??
> Thanks!

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Won't publish!

What AVI codec do the files in question use? If you have buggy AVI codecs,
it's going to be really hard for anything to convert them effectively. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.