Problem with Windows Movie Maker...

Mandy1234

Problem with Windows Movie Maker...

Ok, so when I make a video with just pictures and music it publishes
fine and when I watch it everything is how it is supposed to be.
However, when I make a video with clips from other videos, it does not
publish correctly. When I play the video in the preview version,
everything is perfectly fine, then I publish it and view it, parts of
some clips disappear. And it is always in the same place. Usually about
33 seconds in, 1 minute and 17 seconds in, and so on. Always in the same
place, no matter what video I'm making, as long as I'm using clips. Any
help would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

--
Mandy1234
John Inzer

Re: Problem with Windows Movie Maker...
Mandy1234 wrote:
> Ok, so when I make a video with just pictures and music it publishes
> fine and when I watch it everything is how it is supposed to be.
> However, when I make a video with clips from other videos, it does not
> publish correctly. When I play the video in the preview version,
> everything is perfectly fine, then I publish it and view it, parts of
> some clips disappear. And it is always in the same place. Usually
> about 33 seconds in, 1 minute and 17 seconds in, and so on. Always in
> the same place, no matter what video I'm making, as long as I'm using
> clips. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please and thank you.

=================================
You may have some incompatibility issues
with your source files. Have a look at the
following articles:

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Which file type should I use in Movie Maker?
http://tinyurl.com/6n66g3
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...MovieMaker.htm

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Mandy1234

Re: Problem with Windows Movie Maker...

> You may have some incompatibility issues
> with your source files. Have a look at the
> following articles:

ok well thank you for those articles, I only found one thing about my
problem while I was looking through them...

-*"Video file will import onto video track but *when you play back the
file on the timeline or storyboard you only get audio and the preview
screen is black. This can happen even if the video file can be seen in
the preview window when played back via the collections pane.
*Solution* - Convert the video file (or other file type) to one of the
compatible file types listed above and then re-import."-

My videos are already in a compatible format (wmv) so I don't
understand what else could be causing this.

Mandy1234 wrote:
>> You may have some incompatibility issues
>> with your source files. Have a look at the
>> following articles:
>>

> ok well thank you for those articles, I only found one thing about my
> problem while I was looking through them...
>

> -*"Video file will import onto video track but *when you play back the
> file on the timeline or storyboard you only get audio and the preview
> screen is black. This can happen even if the video file can be seen in
> the preview window when played back via the collections pane.
> *Solution* - Convert the video file (or other file type) to one of the
> compatible file types listed above and then re-import."-
>
> My videos are already in a compatible format (wmv) so I don't
> understand what else could be causing this.

Just wondering which program produced your .wmv clips?

It may help to uncheck all the filters in Movie Maker by
going to...Tools / Options / Compatibility tab...

Windows Vista -
Video filters in Windows Movie Maker:
frequently asked questions
http://tinyurl.com/5ja5cl