Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Lost Pictures

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2008
Gene L.
 

Posts: n/a
Lost Pictures
My Vista Home Premium computer came with a beautiful group of photos
installed in a folder called "Sample Pictures". Over the past year, I have
rotated these as a desk top background. All of a sudden, the pictures are
missing and the computer tells me this folder is "empty." This appears to be
the only abnormality on the machine. I do have virus protection and recent
scans show nothing has happened. Is there any way I can download these from
Microsoft or some other source? I really miss this feature.

Many thanks for your advice.

Gene L.

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost Pictures
Gene L. wrote:
> My Vista Home Premium computer came with a beautiful group of photos
> installed in a folder called "Sample Pictures". Over the past year,
> I have rotated these as a desk top background. All of a sudden, the
> pictures are missing and the computer tells me this folder is
> "empty." This appears to be the only abnormality on the machine. I do
> have virus protection and recent scans show nothing has happened. Is
> there any way I can download these from Microsoft or some other
> source? I really miss this feature.
> Many thanks for your advice.
>
> Gene L.

==================================
You can download them from Google Images:

"vista sample pictures"
http://tinyurl.com/6fdk9f
or...
http://images.google.com/images?sa=N...0pictures% 22

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2008
Gene L.
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost Pictures
John:
Many thanks for the help. I followed the link you gave me and found exactly
what I was looking for. Then my excitement was shaken when I realized I do
not know how to download them to my machine. I am sorry that I have such
little experience. Can you take the time to help me with this. It is very
much appreciated.
Gene
"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
news:_v-dnZ_8D_zr1C3VnZ2dnUVZ_rfinZ2d@comcast.com...
> Gene L. wrote:
>> My Vista Home Premium computer came with a beautiful group of photos
>> installed in a folder called "Sample Pictures". Over the past year,
>> I have rotated these as a desk top background. All of a sudden, the
>> pictures are missing and the computer tells me this folder is
>> "empty." This appears to be the only abnormality on the machine. I do
>> have virus protection and recent scans show nothing has happened. Is
>> there any way I can download these from Microsoft or some other
>> source? I really miss this feature.
>> Many thanks for your advice.
>>
>> Gene L.

> ==================================
> You can download them from Google Images:
>
> "vista sample pictures"
> http://tinyurl.com/6fdk9f
> or...
> http://images.google.com/images?sa=N...0pictures% 22
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> MS Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk
>


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2008
John Inzer
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost Pictures
Gene L. wrote:
> John:
> Many thanks for the help. I followed the link you gave me and found
> exactly what I was looking for. Then my excitement was shaken when I
> realized I do not know how to download them to my machine. I am sorry
> that I have such little experience. Can you take the time to help me
> with this. It is very much appreciated.
> Gene

=======================================
Maybe the following info will help:

Open each image full size by first double
left clicking the thumbnail and then double
left clicking the text : "See full-size image"

When the full size image opens on your
screen...you can right click it and choose
Save Picture As...

Then Choose a folder to copy it to...could
be your 'Pictures' folder or could be a new
folder created by you...(just click the "Create
New Folder" button on the "Save Picture"
screen.)

Also once the picture is open...you could
go to...File / Save As.

And believe it or not...if your Explorer window
is not full screen...IOW you can see the open
picture but also a portion of your desktop...
you can left click/drag the picture and drop
it on your desktop or in a folder if you create
one on your desktop.

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-01-2008
bunnystarz2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Lost Pictures
Thank you so much! This saved me a hell of a time, searching google images
for each pic. Again, thanks. Bye!
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Cut Pictures lost blueyedamber microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 5 12-07-2009 22:20
Lost Pictures RussM microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 6 07-03-2007 23:52
lost photos/pictures ctitheb microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 1 04-30-2007 19:11
Lost Pictures after upgrade =?Utf-8?B?TWFraW5nVXBmb3JCYWRIYWJpdHM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.file management 1 02-28-2007 14:15
Lost Pictures =?Utf-8?B?TWFraW5nVXBmb3JCYWRIYWJpdHM=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 5 02-13-2007 16:26




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:17.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120