no seamless WMV loop with Vista OS

Frazzle

no seamless WMV loop with Vista OS
All of my XP machines will run WMVs in a seamless loop, which is essential
for my business. When I try and run the same WMVs on new Vista machines,
there is a flash of black when the video loops to the beginning for restart.
These are the exact same videos that run seamlessly on XP machines, and they
do not contain any black video frames at the beginning or end of the video. I
have tried these videos on both laptops running Vista32, and desktops running
Vista32, with the exact same result (black flash). I have not tried the WMVs
on any Vista64 machines as of yet. The WMP version is 11. Any help would be
most appreciated.
JMLittle

RE: no seamless WMV loop with Vista OS
I am also having this problem. I hope someone addresses this for us so we
know what to do to make it work.

"Frazzle" wrote:

> All of my XP machines will run WMVs in a seamless loop, which is essential
> for my business. When I try and run the same WMVs on new Vista machines,
> there is a flash of black when the video loops to the beginning for restart.
> These are the exact same videos that run seamlessly on XP machines, and they
> do not contain any black video frames at the beginning or end of the video. I
> have tried these videos on both laptops running Vista32, and desktops running
> Vista32, with the exact same result (black flash). I have not tried the WMVs
> on any Vista64 machines as of yet. The WMP version is 11. Any help would be
> most appreciated.

Frazzle

RE: no seamless WMV loop with Vista OS
Please,,, is any one out there? Is it possible for someone to point me in the
right direction to find answers for this problem?

"JMLittle" wrote:

> I am also having this problem. I hope someone addresses this for us so we
> know what to do to make it work.
>
> "Frazzle" wrote:
>
> > All of my XP machines will run WMVs in a seamless loop, which is essential
> > for my business. When I try and run the same WMVs on new Vista machines,
> > there is a flash of black when the video loops to the beginning for restart.
> > These are the exact same videos that run seamlessly on XP machines, and they
> > do not contain any black video frames at the beginning or end of the video. I
> > have tried these videos on both laptops running Vista32, and desktops running
> > Vista32, with the exact same result (black flash). I have not tried the WMVs
> > on any Vista64 machines as of yet. The WMP version is 11. Any help would be
> > most appreciated.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: no seamless WMV loop with Vista OS

If you have a business problem along these lines, it would seem best to take
it to actual support channels-
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#psssupport
, as if there was something really a problem here (I haven't tried this
scenario) that would be the only viable way to get an update released. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Frazzle" <Frazzle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please,,, is any one out there? Is it possible for someone to point me in
> the
> right direction to find answers for this problem?
>
> "JMLittle" wrote:
>
>> I am also having this problem. I hope someone addresses this for us so
>> we
>> know what to do to make it work.
>>
>> "Frazzle" wrote:
>>
>> > All of my XP machines will run WMVs in a seamless loop, which is
>> > essential
>> > for my business. When I try and run the same WMVs on new Vista
>> > machines,
>> > there is a flash of black when the video loops to the beginning for
>> > restart.
>> > These are the exact same videos that run seamlessly on XP machines, and
>> > they
>> > do not contain any black video frames at the beginning or end of the
>> > video. I
>> > have tried these videos on both laptops running Vista32, and desktops
>> > running
>> > Vista32, with the exact same result (black flash). I have not tried the
>> > WMVs
>> > on any Vista64 machines as of yet. The WMP version is 11. Any help
>> > would be
>> > most appreciated.

Frazzle

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> If you have a business problem along these lines, it would seem best to take
> it to actual support channels-
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#psssupport
> , as if there was something really a problem here (I haven't tried this
> scenario) that would be the only viable way to get an update released. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Frazzle" <Frazzle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please,,, is any one out there? Is it possible for someone to point me in
> > the
> > right direction to find answers for this problem?
> >
> > "JMLittle" wrote:
> >
> >> I am also having this problem. I hope someone addresses this for us so
> >> we
> >> know what to do to make it work.

> Thanks for your time and effort in replying. There are so many different support categories, I am a bit confused as to where to go for help. Do you think I should invest my money in Vista support, or Windows Media support? The problem I am having only exists when I combine the two products. As I stated earlier, WMP works perfectly when running on XP.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: no seamless WMV loop with Vista OS

I'd start with Vista, I think they'll be able to direct further as needed.

--

> "zachd [MSFT]" wrote:
>

>> If you have a business problem along these lines, it would seem best to
>> take
>> it to actual support channels-
>> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#psssupport
>> , as if there was something really a problem here (I haven't tried this
>> scenario) that would be the only viable way to get an update released. =\
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> rights.
>> --
>> "Frazzle" <Frazzle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Please,,, is any one out there? Is it possible for someone to point me
>> > in
>> > the
>> > right direction to find answers for this problem?

>> Thanks for your time and effort in replying. There are so many different
>> support categories, I am a bit confused as to where to go for help. Do
>> you think I should invest my money in Vista support, or Windows Media
>> support? The problem I am having only exists when I combine the two
>> products. As I stated earlier, WMP works perfectly when running on XP.

D0c5i5

Re: no seamless WMV loop with Vista OS
mouse,

I came across your post randomly, and I'm no expert... but is it possible
for you to "fade to black" at the end? If there are no other blips, it should
look normal to start without the need to "fade in"...

it's just my 2 cents worth... i wish I could help you with your core problem
on media player 11, but it's out of my area of expertise.

"mouse123" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Just got my first Vista 64bit laptop and found the exact same problem
> as Frazzle's. My animations rendered as in WMVs do not loop smoothly in
> windows media player 11 nor in MS powerpoint. The same files worked
> fine in XP. Has anyone had a solution for this or we have to wait for
> media player 12?
>
> Frazzle;958559 Wrote:
> > All of my XP machines will run WMVs in a seamless loop, which is
> > essential
> > for my business. When I try and run the same WMVs on new Vista
> > machines,
> > there is a flash of black when the video loops to the beginning for
> > restart.
> > These are the exact same videos that run seamlessly on XP machines, and
> > they
> > do not contain any black video frames at the beginning or end of the
> > video. I
> > have tried these videos on both laptops running Vista32, and desktops
> > running
> > Vista32, with the exact same result (black flash). I have not tried the
> > WMVs
> > on any Vista64 machines as of yet. The WMP version is 11. Any help
> > would be
> > most appreciated.

> --
> mouse123

Nofunwithwmp12andloopedwmv

Re: no seamless WMV loop with Vista OS
Hello dear windowsupport,

I am an graphicanimator and i have to convert seamless looping animations in
wmv.
unfortunatly it seems, thats not possible to check if the loops are working
on windowsmediaplayer, this sucks and i would really like to get an answer on
that issue from microsoft, or am i on the wrong webpage ?? Cmon guy, these
question is one month old.
:-(

best regards from eurovision contentdepartment , moscow.
fortunatly most machines are applecomputer here.