Import iPod music to Vista

JediMaster82

Import iPod music to Vista

I picked up a new laptop the other day and I'm trying to copy the music
from my iPod to the computer. I have instructions on how to do this with
XP but NOT with Vista. Does anyone know how to do this, or know where I
can get the instructions to do so? I appreciate the help. Thanks in
advance.

--
JediMaster82
JediMaster82's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jedimaster82.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

datgrl

Re: Import iPod music to Vista

Hi there,

I just got a VISTA pc to replace my old W2K Compaq and I'm having a lot
of trouble with my iPod. I can tell you what I tried, though, and maybe
one of the methods will work for you.

1 - If you have a flash drive, copy your library onto it and then use
the Import function on the Laptop iTunes.

2 - Back up your Library onto CD. Then use the Import function on the
Laptop iTunes.

3 - Sync your entire Library on your iPod. Make sure you haven't
started a new Library on the laptop or it will replace those songs on
your iPod and clear out your old Library.

4 - Someone in the Apple forum mentioned this tool:
'Zelek Software - Products'
(http://www.zeleksoftware.com/liberator.htm)
I've never used it but I am having horrible problems getting my Library
off my old PC and onto my new VISTA machine. I'm going to try this
utility.

datgrl

--
datgrl
datgrl

Re: Import iPod music to Vista

Sorry, me again. I found a couple of links that might be useful:

'Apple - Support - Discussions - Moving my PC iPod music library to
...'
(http://discussions.apple.com/thread....67064&#7867064)

'Copying Content from your iPod to your Computer - The Definitive Guide
(http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/art...to-computer/P0)

--
datgrl
datgrl

Re: Import iPod music to Vista

Hi, I wanted to follow up to my post above. I went ahead and bought the
shareware I suggested and tried it out. It has worked and solved my
issue with getting my old library onto my new Dell with Vista. It is
very fast to copy your old library into the utility. But I wasn't able
to do a 'mass' import or import by folder. I had to individually import
-some- of my library by file, probably about a third. It was mostly
compilation CD's, for some reason, like soundtracks or "VH1 Greatest
Hits", etc.

A nice option to have is booting iTunes into safe mode by holding down
alt-ctrl-shift
as you start iTunes. If your iPod is not plugged into your PC, you can
also halt the sync with the iPod by keeping the keys depressed after
iTunes loads and then plug in the iPod. It's a little tricky to do
solo/one handed but if you brace the iPod against
something, it's a little easier to plug in the cable.

--
datgrl