cannot get Windows Photo Gallery viewer

Andra

cannot get Windows Photo Gallery viewer
hello group,

I've lost the capability that was there (Windows Vista Business SP1) a few
days ago - click on a picture in the folder, WPG viewer opens and I go
through all pictures in the folder. Now it is different: first, some other
application was assigned to open jpgs and WPG even did not appear as a
program to "Open with...". I found its location and in such a way assigend
it to open jpgs. But clicking on a jpg opens Windows Photo Gallery with
thumbnails of default pictures (starting with Winter Leaves), there is no my
clicked jpg and it is not a viewer.
Or am I imagining things? At the beginning there was Corel Snapfire Plus.
But I uninstalled it because it didn't seem any good and was given 60 days
trial. Then as far as I remember I viewed pictures and it was WPG working.
The computer is quite new, so I do some new installs, uninstalls, check how
the system is working. Since the viewer worked I have run sfc /scannow (for
other reasons), uninstalled MS Office2007, tried to install Office2k3
(without success), installed Office 2000 (with Photo Editor which was
assigned to jpgs), installed PrimoPDF (btw, this computer has not seen any
real printer in its life).

Now I just want to get WPG working its supposed to do. Of course I can and
maybe do install some nice freeware for picture viewing.

Andra

edward

Re: cannot get Windows Photo Gallery viewer

"Andra" <andra@notvalid.lv> schreef in bericht
> hello group,
>
> Now I just want to get WPG working its supposed to do. Of course I can and
> maybe do install some nice freeware for picture viewing.
>

> Andra

Forget about WPG and download (free) Irfanview 4.20, you won't be
disappointed.

rinilog

"Andra" wrote:

> hello group,
>
> I've lost the capability that was there (Windows Vista Business SP1) a few
> days ago - click on a picture in the folder, WPG viewer opens and I go
> through all pictures in the folder. Now it is different: first, some other
> application was assigned to open jpgs and WPG even did not appear as a
> program to "Open with...". I found its location and in such a way assigend
> it to open jpgs. But clicking on a jpg opens Windows Photo Gallery with
> thumbnails of default pictures (starting with Winter Leaves), there is no my
> clicked jpg and it is not a viewer.
> Or am I imagining things? At the beginning there was Corel Snapfire Plus.
> But I uninstalled it because it didn't seem any good and was given 60 days
> trial. Then as far as I remember I viewed pictures and it was WPG working.
> The computer is quite new, so I do some new installs, uninstalls, check how
> the system is working. Since the viewer worked I have run sfc /scannow (for
> other reasons), uninstalled MS Office2007, tried to install Office2k3
> (without success), installed Office 2000 (with Photo Editor which was
> assigned to jpgs), installed PrimoPDF (btw, this computer has not seen any
> real printer in its life).
>
> Now I just want to get WPG working its supposed to do. Of course I can and
> maybe do install some nice freeware for picture viewing.
>

> Andra

rinilog

RE: cannot get Windows Photo Gallery viewer
Of course IrfanView is a good and fast general purpose editor and viewer, but
that's not the question. I also have lost my standard coupling to the WPG
Viewer and there is no simple way to restore this like in XP.
It is a shame that Microsoft does not list this standard viewer in Vista.
You can't expect that anyone (apart from experts) are going into the register
to repair this problem. Till sofar I have not found a simple solution either.
Rinus ("rinilog")