MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER

GREG THOMAS 07

MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER
I HAVE 140 SLIDES WITH MUSIC THAT I WANT TO BURN A DVD THAT I CAN PLAY ON MY
DVD PLAYER CONNECTED TO MY TV. WHEN I AM ABOUT TO BURN MY DVD, I FIND IN THE
PREVIEW THAT ONLY ABOUT 8 PICTURES ARE INCLUDED. I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY ARE
DROPPING OUT. ALL 140 WERE REVIEWED PRIOR TO PUBLISHING MOVIE. THE DVD-R
HAS 4.7 GB OF MEMORY BUT THAT APPARENTLY IS NOT THE PROBLEM BECAUSE THE
PICTURES DROPPED OUT PRIOR TO LOADING THE DVD. CAN ANYONE HELP?
--
GREG THOMAS 07
John Inzer

Re: MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER
GREG THOMAS 07 wrote:
> I HAVE 140 SLIDES WITH MUSIC THAT I WANT TO BURN A DVD THAT I CAN
> PLAY ON MY DVD PLAYER CONNECTED TO MY TV. WHEN I AM ABOUT TO BURN MY
> DVD, I FIND IN THE PREVIEW THAT ONLY ABOUT 8 PICTURES ARE INCLUDED.
> I DO NOT KNOW WHY THEY ARE DROPPING OUT. ALL 140 WERE REVIEWED PRIOR
> TO PUBLISHING MOVIE. THE DVD-R HAS 4.7 GB OF MEMORY BUT THAT
> APPARENTLY IS NOT THE PROBLEM BECAUSE THE PICTURES DROPPED OUT PRIOR
> TO LOADING THE DVD. CAN ANYONE HELP?

==================================
Please...turn off your caps lock. All caps is very
hard to read and is considered to be shouting
when posted in a newsgroup message.

What is the format of the Pictures?

Which version of Vista are you running?

Did you try Publishing the video to your computer's
hard drive to see what the final result would be?

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

Have you read the following articles?

Windows Vista -
Burn pictures and movies to DVD-Video
disc using Windows DVD Maker
http://tinyurl.com/3xtcfs
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...a60261033.mspx

Windows Vista -
Burn pictures or videos to a CD or DVD
http://tinyurl.com/265r5k
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...9c6631033.mspx

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

GREG THOMAS 07

Re: MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER
Thanks John for your reply. I have read all of those references you provided
but they do not address my problem. In a nutshell, I have a file totally
complete with transitions, music and all the edited pictures. The window
(Add Pictures & Video to DVD) shows my file, a duration of "15 mins." which
is correct, status "ready". When I hit next to the next page, it then shows
7 of my 140 digital pictures and when I preview, it just loops those 7 shots
even though I did not request it to loop. I cannot figure it out. I now
have about 12 hrs. trying to complete this. I saw your suggestion to go to
the 2.6 version which I downloaded but says the file that I edited for hours,
was not compatible with that version. I would like to save the file I have
invested the time in. Any further suggestions would be appreciated. For
further backround I have Vista Premium Home Version (service pack 1), these
are digital camera shots (I assume jpg files), I have successfully created a
video disc in media player which runs on my pc but will not play on my dvd
player.
--
GREG THOMAS 07

GREG THOMAS 07 wrote:
> Thanks John for your reply. I have read all of those references you
> provided but they do not address my problem. In a nutshell, I have a
> file totally complete with transitions, music and all the edited
> pictures. The window (Add Pictures & Video to DVD) shows my file, a
> duration of "15 mins." which is correct, status "ready". When I hit
> next to the next page, it then shows 7 of my 140 digital pictures and
> when I preview, it just loops those 7 shots even though I did not
> request it to loop. I cannot figure it out. I now have about 12
> hrs. trying to complete this. I saw your suggestion to go to the 2.6
> version which I downloaded but says the file that I edited for hours,
> was not compatible with that version. I would like to save the file
> I have invested the time in. Any further suggestions would be
> appreciated. For further backround I have Vista Premium Home Version
> (service pack 1), these are digital camera shots (I assume jpg
> files), I have successfully created a video disc in media player
> which runs on my pc but will not play on my dvd player.

=====================================
I did not suggest version 2.6 you must be thinking
of someone else...

Just for a minute...forget about burning a DVD and...
once again I ask...

Did you try Publishing the video to your computer's
hard drive to see what the final result would be?

(the first subject mentioned in the following article
is what I'm referring to...
"To publish a movie to your computer"

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

Once you have the completed .wmv movie file...
play it in Windows Media Player and let us
know what the result is.

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

GREG THOMAS 07

Re: MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER
As I mentioned in my last message, I did create a file in media player which
does play on my pc correctly, however, my aim is to create a DVD that I can

GREG THOMAS 07 wrote:
> As I mentioned in my last message, I did create a file in media
> player which does play on my pc correctly, however, my aim is to
> create a DVD that I can play on my DVD player connected to my TV.

==============================
Ok...I did not understand that you had
a completed .wmv movie file.

Using your .wmv file...the following free
software should help you create a DVD
that will play in your free standing DVD
player.

DVD Flick
http://www.dvdflick.net/

Be sure to read the Guide:
http://www.dvdflick.net/guide.php

Good luck.

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

GREG THOMAS 07

Re: MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER
Hi John,
Thanks for your replies and patience but I still cannot load my DVD file
created in MS movie maker to DVD Flick. It tells me that the file has no
usable video track. I am at the point of starting from scratch if I can rely
on a software that will work. Any further suggestions?
--
GREG THOMAS 07

GREG THOMAS 07 wrote:
> Hi John,
> Thanks for your replies and patience but I still cannot load my DVD
> file created in MS movie maker to DVD Flick. It tells me that the
> file has no usable video track. I am at the point of starting from
> scratch if I can rely on a software that will work. Any further
> suggestions?

Apparently you still have not Published your project.
That is the same as Saving...and will produce a .wmv
movie file. I'm thinking you are still trying to work with
the .mswmm project file which is only compatible
with Movie Maker.

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

GREG THOMAS 07

Re: MAKING DVD IN MS MOVIE MAKER
You are correct John, the file is a mswmm file. I have saved it in movie
maker and when I attempt to burn the DVD, files have been dropped. So where
do I go from here to use the file in DVD Flick?
--
GREG THOMAS 07

GREG THOMAS 07 wrote:
> You are correct John, the file is a mswmm file. I have saved it in
> movie maker and when I attempt to burn the DVD, files have been
> dropped. So where do I go from here to use the file in DVD Flick?

========================
Good grief! We are simply not
communicating. I'm trying to tell you
the .mswmm file is *only* compatible
with Movie Maker.

Before you can create a DVD you
*must* Publish the project in a Movie
format.

Until you have the completed .wmv
movie file saved in a folder on your
hard drive you have *nothing* to import
into a DVD Authoring program.

Once again...read the following article
for instructions on Publishing your project.