Movie Maker

Sunfish NC

Movie Maker
I have created a slideshow in Movie Maker. I wanted to free up some disk
space so I moved the picture files to my Passport hard drive. When I move
these files from my c drive, those pictures no longer appear in the slideshow
that I created....just black frames. Have I not saved the movie file
correctly or do I have to keep the pictures that I used in the slideshow in
the original location they were in when the slideshow was created? I have
made dvds of the slideshow, but would like to be able to go in and edit in
the future, but also need to free this disk space from my c drive.

Thanks for any help.
vista-guy's Avatar

vista-guy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Sunfish,

i had the same problem a while back, but then relised after making a few slideshows that the pics/videos have to be in the same location as b4, otherwise you can't edit it with those pics/videos.

Why not move your pics/videos on to your passport hard drive, before making the slide, and just import the pics/videos from that... that may work, but i've not tried it myself.

Craig

(my very 1st post)
__________________
98% of statistics are just statistics
John Inzer

Re: Movie Maker
Sunfish NC wrote:
> I have created a slideshow in Movie Maker. I wanted to free up some
> disk space so I moved the picture files to my Passport hard drive.
> When I move these files from my c drive, those pictures no longer
> appear in the slideshow that I created....just black frames. Have I
> not saved the movie file correctly or do I have to keep the pictures
> that I used in the slideshow in the original location they were in
> when the slideshow was created? I have made dvds of the slideshow,
> but would like to be able to go in and edit in the future, but also
> need to free this disk space from my c drive.
>
> Thanks for any help.

================================
You are apparently working with a .mswmm
project file which (as you have discovered)
does not include the source files. If you Publish
your project as a movie you will have a video
file that can be played most anywhere.

BTW...if you right click the Red Xs...that are
visible after the source files have benn moved...
you may be able to Browse to the new location
and re-establish the path.

Windows Vista -
Publish a movie in
Windows Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/2lo4gp
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...8cdf21033.mspx

Movie Maker in Vista -
Publishing / Quality Profiles
http://www.papajohn.org/Vista-Publishing.html

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

oscar

RE: Movie Maker
Yes, WDVD Maker and WMovie Maker look in the original folder that the photo,
music and video files resided when the project had been first made.
--
oscar

....Right click is your very good friend...