problems using windows dvd maker

mavred is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
problems using windows dvd maker
Hi all,

I am new to this forum and very glad I found you all! Hopefully you can help. I created a movie in windows movie maker but when I went to publish and used create dvd option, the dvd maker only pulled select pictures to burn, 3 -4 pictures in the whole movie. The movie is 15 minutes long and contains many pictures and songs. I burned a movie several months ago and had no problem, this project is for my dads 80th birthday, if a fix is available please help!!!!

Thanks

Last edited by mavred : 08-09-2008 at 16:12.
oscar

RE: problems using windows dvd maker
An instant fix may not be possible to get from this forum since we don't know
what may have happened to your computer files or programs since the last time
it worked.

But here's some ideas:

1) Try publishing movie to computer (This Computer). If that works then use
DVD Maker to burn the succesfully published movie to DVD.
2) If you can't publish the movie to computer, then use the process of
elimination in your WMM editing to try to locate the corrupt file such as a
photo, song or video clip. When you're doing this process of elimination just
publish to computer using the lowest resolution to save time until you've
found the problem in editing.

"mavred" wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am new to this forum and very glad I found you all! Hopefully you can
> help. I created a movie in windows movie maker but when I went to
> publish and used create dvd option, the dvd maker only pulled select
> pictures to burn 3 -4. The movie is 15 minutes long and contains many
> pictures and songs. I burned a movie several months ago and had no
> problem, this project is for my dads 80th birthday, if a fix is
> available please help!!!!
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> mavred

mavred is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oscar,

I Did Publish To My Computer As A Wav File. The Movie Plays Great On My Pc. When I Try To Burn It In Dvd Maker, It Tells Me There Is 15 Minutes Of A Movie Which Is Correct, But In The Preview Pane It Only Shows Randomly Selected Pictures And About 1 Minutes Worth. I Tried To Burn A Copy Anyway, It Took Almost An Hour To Burn And The Only Pictures Were The Randomly Selected Ones In The Preview Pane. I Tried To Burn The Movie That Worked Previously And It Does The Same, Randomly Selects Pictures And Only Burns Those.

mavred is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
AS FAR AS I KNOW NOTHING HAS HAPPENED TO MY COMPUTER, IT IS A DELL SYSTEM AND I AM HAVING NO OTHER PROBLEMS WITH IT.
Joan Archer

Re: problems using windows dvd maker
Please don't shout it wont help you get the help you need.

--
Joan Archer
http://www.freewebs.com/crossstitcher

"mavred" <mavred.3dxo4f@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> AS FAR AS I KNOW NOTHING HAS HAPPENED TO MY COMPUTER, IT IS A
> DELL SYSTEM AND I AM HAVING NO OTHER PROBLEMS WITH IT.
>

> --
> mavred

mavred is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Joan,

???? excuse me ???? shout it???? I am confused, just trying to explain to oscar what dvd maker is doing. wasn't shouting, why would I shout?
John Inzer

mavred wrote:
> Joan,
>
> ???? excuse me ???? shout it???? I am confused, just trying to explain
> to oscar what dvd maker is doing. wasn't shouting, why would I
> shout?

===============================
FWIW...all caps is the equivalent of shouting
in a newsgroup message and is considered
to be quite rude.

Maybe it would be worth a try to empty your
Temporary Internet Files folder:

Windows Vista -
Delete Temporary Internet files
http://tinyurl.com/29jl5s
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...676911033.mspx

How to View the Internet
Explorer Temporary Internet
Files and Settings in Vista
http://tinyurl.com/5yzffe
or...
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/94...-settings.html

If that doesn't help you may have a problem with
the compatibility of your source files:

File type compatibility with Movie Maker
http://tinyurl.com/v8tee
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Which file type should I use in Movie Maker?
http://tinyurl.com/6n66g3
or...
http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...MovieMaker.htm

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

mavred is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sorry to all, did not know all caps means shouting! Newbie to newsgroup message boards

Thanks John I will give your suggestions a try later this week, I 'll let you know how it goes.

Have a great day all
John Inzer

mavred wrote:
> Sorry to all, did not know all caps means shouting! Newbie to
> newsgroup message boards

=================================
No problem...we all have to learn )
=================================
> Thanks John I will give your suggestions a try later this week, I 'll
> let you know how it goes.
>
> Have a great day all

==================================
You're welcome.

Thanks for the update.

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Joan Archer

Re: problems using windows dvd maker
OK at least you now know what it means so you wont do it again.<g> Sorry if
I sounded mean but there are some who do it just to cause trouble and if you
didn't know you may have had some people giving you a hard time without
telling you why.

Hope you get your problems sorted out <g>