No Video on Movie Maker Import from DV Camera in wmv format

Sate

No Video on Movie Maker Import from DV Camera in wmv format
Clicking Import from DV Camera in Vista Movie Maker and choosing one of the
wmv formats (rather than avi) results in green screen with audio in MM. It's
not the file, as the same green screen file in MM plays in WMP and works on
my old Windows XP MM program on another computer. Import from DV Camera
using the avi format works fine in MM, but takes 13g per hour as opposed to
2g per hour for the wmv format, which is why I need the latter for long
videos (2 hours). I tried converting wmv to avi using Prism, as someone
mentioned on here, but now it's black screen video with audio, so no go. Any
help would be appreciated; it's incredibly frustrating that my newer Vista
machine can't do what my older XP does.
John Inzer

Re: No Video on Movie Maker Import from DV Camera in wmv format
Sate wrote:
> Clicking Import from DV Camera in Vista Movie Maker and choosing one
> of the wmv formats (rather than avi) results in green screen with
> audio in MM. It's not the file, as the same green screen file in MM
> plays in WMP and works on my old Windows XP MM program on another
> computer. Import from DV Camera using the avi format works fine in
> MM, but takes 13g per hour as opposed to 2g per hour for the wmv
> format, which is why I need the latter for long videos (2 hours). I
> tried converting wmv to avi using Prism, as someone mentioned on
> here, but now it's black screen video with audio, so no go. Any help
> would be appreciated; it's incredibly frustrating that my newer Vista
> machine can't do what my older XP does.

Just wondering...are you burning these imported files
on Data DVDs or Video DVDs? The reason I ask is
because when burning a Video DVD...the determining
factor is the duration of the source file not the memory size.

--

John Inzer
MS Digital Media MVP

Notice