Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player

Daniel P. Cayea

Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player
I am trying to rip CD's into Windows Media Player on 64-bit Vista Ultimate.
Doesn't matter the disc I try to rip or the optical drive I try to rip it
from (I have three), doesn't matter the codec either. When I get to 30
percent of the first track it will stop produce an error and then error out
all other tracks and then eject the disc. Diagnostics on my optical drives
check out. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be before I scrounge
up 59 bucks for paid support?

Thanks,
Dan
oscar

RE: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player

Some ideas:

-try tracking down that error on the internet and see if you can get any
useful info.
-try system restore to the time you could successfully rip cd's
-a quick workaround: try importing CD tracks using a third party software.
Perhaps one came with the computer.

(if you call tech support and pay 'em the $59, chances are that system
restore will be one of their suggestions.)

best of luck on this one...

--
oscar

....Right click is your best friend...

"Daniel P. Cayea" wrote:

> I am trying to rip CD's into Windows Media Player on 64-bit Vista Ultimate.
> Doesn't matter the disc I try to rip or the optical drive I try to rip it
> from (I have three), doesn't matter the codec either. When I get to 30
> percent of the first track it will stop produce an error and then error out
> all other tracks and then eject the disc. Diagnostics on my optical drives
> check out. Does anyone have any ideas what this could be before I scrounge
> up 59 bucks for paid support?
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

Itsnotworkinghaha

Re: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player

Dont mind the name, quick and dirty to try and get a solution.

I have the exact same problem, it has been that way since installing
Vista 64 bit. On XP 32bit i was able to rip my cd's perfectly fine. now
on vista it gets to 10% on the first track, errors, rest of them error
instantly after then it stops and ejects. No actual error message, just
the word "error" where ripping normally is. I am looking for third party
(free) software to try and rip my cd's now but you would think that
Microsoft would have more answerd to this issue... or at least someone
out there.

--
Itsnotworkinghaha
Itsnotworkinghaha's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/i...orkinghaha.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player

Are you ripping in the 32bit or 64bit version of the player?
Are you ripping to WMA or MP3?

Do data CDs still work normally on this drive?
Can the player still *play* these CDs?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Itsnotworkinghaha" <Itsnotworkinghaha.3fwpza@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in

> Dont mind the name, quick and dirty to try and get a solution.
>
> I have the exact same problem, it has been that way since installing
> Vista 64 bit. On XP 32bit i was able to rip my cd's perfectly fine. now
> on vista it gets to 10% on the first track, errors, rest of them error
> instantly after then it stops and ejects. No actual error message, just
> the word "error" where ripping normally is. I am looking for third party
> (free) software to try and rip my cd's now but you would think that
> Microsoft would have more answerd to this issue... or at least someone
> out there.
>

> --
> Itsnotworkinghaha
> Itsnotworkinghaha's Profile:
> http://forums.techarena.in/members/i...orkinghaha.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1012584.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Itsnotworkinghaha

Re: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player

It is a SATA DVD-RW dual layer drive, not sure what brand (doesnt say on
the front and havent looked at it in ages =P)

It can play and read everything perfectly fine, i can play the music
cd's i want to rip in WMA with no problem, in both the x86 and x64
versions of the player i get the exact same results. I want to rip in
MP3 @ 320kb VBR, but changing it to WMA or OGG etc makes no difference.
with varying quality rips.

--
Itsnotworkinghaha
Itsnotworkinghaha's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/i...orkinghaha.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1012584.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

jjc001

Re: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player

I am getting this problem also, did anyone find a solution?

Thanks

--
jjc001
jjc001's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/jjc001.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1012584.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

King Mob is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player
I have the same problem. It wont work with iTunes either.

Last edited by King Mob : 10-01-2008 at 19:40.

King Mob is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player
I think I found the solution. I updated my SATA drivers for my ASUS motherboard through Vista update, and it seems to be working now.
moesmoes

Re: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player

Hey king mob
I think i have the same problems!
not really good at computers. Could you please be a more precisely wich
drivers I have to instal maybe a link?

Sata dvd,vista 32-bit, asus m2n-sli
Im lost. tried everething i could

--
moesmoes
moesmoes's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/moesmoes.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-mus...eo/1012584.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

jjc001

Re: Ripping on 64-bit Vista Media Player

Hi

I cured this problem (Asus Striker II Exterme, Vista 64) by downloading
the latest Forceware drivers from NVIDIA. This was not enough however,
as I then had to remove my DVD drive using the "Safely Remove Hardware"
button in the Notification Area next to the clock. This was even though
my DVD drive is mounted internally to a SATA port on the motherboard. I
then rebooted, my DVD drive was automatically detected and everything
worked as normal.

Hope that helps.

John.