Macromedia Projector stopped responding

rocharl

Macromedia Projector stopped responding

I have Comcast PhotoShow which I cannot open in my new Windows Vista. I
had no problems with Windows XP. I have had so many issues with Vista
not being compatible with many of my programs. Does anyone know how to
fix this. I was on the phone with microsoft for about an hour and a
half, but with no success. I would be very grateful for any help. I
love the photoshow and I enjoy making them. I'm ready to throw this
computer out the window!

--
rocharl
Barb Bowman

Re: Macromedia Projector stopped responding
you need an update
http://support.simplestar.com/index....rticl eid=311

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
rocharl

Re: Macromedia Projector stopped responding

I called Roxio, which now produces PhotoShow and I bought their version
of PhotoShow. Comcast is not offering any update to be compatible with
Vista. So their idea of giving it to Comcast customers for free, is not
really true. I downloaded it from roxio.com and it works great, being
totally compatible with Vista.

--
rocharl
Barb Bowman

Re: Macromedia Projector stopped responding
the link I posted was listed on http://www.comcast.net/photoshow/
right below the Download Now button is Important Information which
links to the download for Vista users.

Not sure what confused you on this one, but you did not need to buy
this program if you have Comcast High Speed Internet.

On Fri, 1 Aug 2008 06:51:59 -0500, rocharl <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>I called Roxio, which now produces PhotoShow and I bought their version
>of PhotoShow. Comcast is not offering any update to be compatible with
>Vista. So their idea of giving it to Comcast customers for free, is not
>really true. I downloaded it from roxio.com and it works great, being
>totally compatible with Vista.

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com
rocharl

Re: Macromedia Projector stopped responding

I downloaded the update, but that didn't work either. I know I didn't
have to pay for Comcast Photoshow, but it wouldn't work, even with the
Vista update. I was on the phone for 2 hours with microsoft and they
couldn't figure it out. I bought Photoshow 5 from Roxio for $29.95 and
it works great. Comcast claims that they are giving us a Photoshow
worth $89, but that's not true. I even got all my pictures and
photoshows that I had on Comcast Photoshow.....I'm happy now!

--
rocharl
cassmiller

Re: Macromedia Projector stopped responding

I too can NOT run PHOTOSHOW Deluxe as of TODAY. Was running OK since
AUgust 08 but TODAY can NOT run at all. uninstalled and re-installed
verrry frustrating! HELP PLEASE! am running 64 bit VISTA :shock:

--
cassmiller
victoriachick

Re: Macromedia Projector stopped responding

Ah Ha! After many hours (of cursing and swearing) plus some tech
support.....I have found the solution!!

**Be sure to uninstall the game from your computer and download a new
copy of the setup file**
1. Right-click on the games setup file.
2. Select "Properties".
3. Select " Compatibity".
4. Select " Show settings for all users".
5. Select " Run this program as an administrator" and "Run this program
in compatibility mode for Windows XP (Service Pack 2)".
6. Press " OK".
7. Now proceed to run the setup for the game and attempt to play it.

Good luck!

--
victoriachick
victoriachick's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/112523.htm