Pls recommend me a Music player!

dudelidu

Pls recommend me a Music player!

Hi,

Since Vista and WMP11 can't do the simple task of continuing a track
after it goes to sleep but rather plays it from the beginning when
awakening, I need a new Music player. I only play music from my HDD, I
don't download, don't buy online, don't watch videos etc. I’m
simply playing music. and that’s it.

So instead of me downloading a bunch of players and trying to see if
they in fact are able to continue the track after sleep or hibernate,
why don't you just do it for me if you already have a different player
then WMP11?

So simply do this, start a song in your music player. Put your computer
to sleep (or hibernate), "wake"/start the computer, check if the song
can continue where it left of or if you have to start the track from the
beginning again.

All recommendation and help is appreciated!!

--
dudelidu
Brian Bartholomew

Re: Pls recommend me a Music player!
Please excuse my using my correct identity, but my display one has become
inaccessible (helpfool? bridgebrokencondor@bestdigitaltvdeals.com).

I am more interested in MOVies than audio and so I experimented and came up
with the following nugget, which may be of limited use:-

The audio track on Quick Time Player will resume from the PAUSE point when
the system is resumed after SLEEP mode.
"dudelidu" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi,
>
> Since Vista and WMP11 can't do the simple task of continuing a track
> after it goes to sleep but rather plays it from the beginning when
> awakening, I need a new Music player. I only play music from my HDD, I
> don't download, don't buy online, don't watch videos etc. I’m
> simply playing music. and that’s it.
>
> So instead of me downloading a bunch of players and trying to see if
> they in fact are able to continue the track after sleep or hibernate,
> why don't you just do it for me if you already have a different player
> then WMP11?
>
> So simply do this, start a song in your music player. Put your computer
> to sleep (or hibernate), "wake"/start the computer, check if the song
> can continue where it left of or if you have to start the track from the
> beginning again.
>
> All recommendation and help is appreciated!!
>

> --
> dudelidu

dudelidu

Re: Pls recommend me a Music player!

Right.....but the Quicktime player is also a movie player, not a music
player. I'm sure you can play music on it too, but you understand my
meaning.

Think I'll probably just go back to itunes. I don't think itunes have
that problem.

--
dudelidu