Movie Maker Vista Effects Problem

adman96

Movie Maker Vista Effects Problem
Hello All

Wonder if anyone can help. I have upgraded to a Vista Premium PC and am
using the latest Movie Maker.
On XP, for me to edit videos it was basically add 2 levels of brightness and
that worked but with Vista, as i increase brightness, the contrast starts to
'bleed' with white turning yellow etc.

I updated my camera (fuji finepix S5000) and even tried some free effect
packages but to no avail, same problem.

Has anyone had similar problems? Is there a way to make the XP version work
under Vista?

Thank you all for your time

Adam
Clevo

Re: Movie Maker Vista Effects Problem

If you still pictures are turning up too dark perhaps you need to
investigate correcting this problem BEFORE you start editing.

The is a free powerful photo editing software called Paintnet that you
can use.

You might also need to learn to callibrate your monitor colour output
if you can;t adjust brightness well enough.

But generally, it's best to adjust the levels before editing

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
adman96

Re: Movie Maker Vista Effects Problem
Hi Clevo

Am having no problems with pictures from the camera, i use Digital Image Pro
10 for editing those. Its just the video editing effects using this version
of movie maker.

Thanks

Adam

"Clevo" wrote:

> If you still pictures are turning up too dark perhaps you need to
> investigate correcting this problem BEFORE you start editing.
>
> The is a free powerful photo editing software called Paintnet that you
> can use.
>
> You might also need to learn to callibrate your monitor colour output
> if you can;t adjust brightness well enough.
>
> But generally, it's best to adjust the levels before editing
>
> adman96;764150 Wrote:
> > Hello All
> >
> > Wonder if anyone can help. I have upgraded to a Vista Premium PC and am
> > using the latest Movie Maker.
> > On XP, for me to edit videos it was basically add 2 levels of
> > brightness and
> > that worked but with Vista, as i increase brightness, the contrast
> > starts to
> > 'bleed' with white turning yellow etc.
> >
> > I updated my camera (fuji finepix S5000) and even tried some free
> > effect
> > packages but to no avail, same problem.
> >
> > Has anyone had similar problems? Is there a way to make the XP version
> > work
> > under Vista?
> >
> > Thank you all for your time
> >
> > Adam

> --
> Clevo
>
> ___________________________
> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
> ASUS P5K MB
> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
> Realtek HD onboard sound
>
> Helpful links:
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

Rehan

Re: Movie Maker Vista Effects Problem
Hi

Can you show me what the problem is. It should work as before.

The brightness increase can be customised as desired if you can get your
teeth into making custom effects and transitions.
For learning how to make custom effects:

Best regards

Rehan
www.rehanfx.org/shader.htm

"adman96" <adman96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Clevo
>
> Am having no problems with pictures from the camera, i use Digital Image
> Pro
> 10 for editing those. Its just the video editing effects using this
> version
> of movie maker.
>
> Thanks
>
> Adam
>
> "Clevo" wrote:
>

>> If you still pictures are turning up too dark perhaps you need to
>> investigate correcting this problem BEFORE you start editing.
>>
>> The is a free powerful photo editing software called Paintnet that you
>> can use.
>>
>> You might also need to learn to callibrate your monitor colour output
>> if you can;t adjust brightness well enough.
>>
>> But generally, it's best to adjust the levels before editing
>>
>> adman96;764150 Wrote:
>> > Hello All
>> >
>> > Wonder if anyone can help. I have upgraded to a Vista Premium PC and am
>> > using the latest Movie Maker.
>> > On XP, for me to edit videos it was basically add 2 levels of
>> > brightness and
>> > that worked but with Vista, as i increase brightness, the contrast
>> > starts to
>> > 'bleed' with white turning yellow etc.
>> >
>> > I updated my camera (fuji finepix S5000) and even tried some free
>> > effect
>> > packages but to no avail, same problem.
>> >
>> > Has anyone had similar problems? Is there a way to make the XP version
>> > work
>> > under Vista?
>> >
>> > Thank you all for your time
>> >
>> > Adam

>> --
>> Clevo
>>
>> ___________________________
>> Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
>> ASUS P5K MB
>> Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
>> 4GB RAM (DDR2)
>> NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
>> Realtek HD onboard sound
>>
>> Helpful links:
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

adman96

Re: Movie Maker Vista Effects Problem
Hi All

I have decided that either my camera is too old (2003) for this new software
and shall replace it or i will find replacement software and not use Movie
Maker.

Thank you all for your help, much appreicated.

Adam