DVD burner has stopped working

izezi

DVD burner has stopped working
I'm using Vista Home Premium and over the past year have burned approx 100
DVDs without any problems using Roxio and Windows.

I started having problems with burns being successful till finally every
time I tried to burn a DVD it failed and I wasted a blank. The DVD drive
itself works fine so I reformatted Windows in an attempt to remedy what I
thought was a software problem to no avail. Every time I attempt to burn a
DVD, no matter which method I try, the burn fails.

Has anyone else experienced problems like this and if so could you please
provide me with some advise to get me back in business?

TIA,
izezi
John Inzer

Re: DVD burner has stopped working
izezi wrote:
> I'm using Vista Home Premium and over the past year have burned
> approx 100 DVDs without any problems using Roxio and Windows.
>
> I started having problems with burns being successful till finally
> every time I tried to burn a DVD it failed and I wasted a blank. The
> DVD drive itself works fine so I reformatted Windows in an attempt to
> remedy what I thought was a software problem to no avail. Every time
> I attempt to burn a DVD, no matter which method I try, the burn fails.
>
> Has anyone else experienced problems like this and if so could you
> please provide me with some advise to get me back in business?
>
> TIA,
> izezi

===================================
Sounds like a hardware issue with your burner.
Just because the drive can read a DVD does
not insure a successful burn.

--

John Inzer

PD43

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 20:15:00 -0700, izezi <bark@themoon.org> wrote:

>I'm using Vista Home Premium and over the past year have burned approx 100
>DVDs without any problems using Roxio and Windows.
>
>I started having problems with burns being successful till finally every
>time I tried to burn a DVD it failed and I wasted a blank. The DVD drive
>itself works fine so I reformatted Windows in an attempt to remedy what I
>thought was a software problem to no avail. Every time I attempt to burn a
>DVD, no matter which method I try, the burn fails.
>
>Has anyone else experienced problems like this and if so could you please
>provide me with some advise to get me back in business?

Some have suggested a drive cleaner kit.

I'd just get a new drive.
oscar

RE: DVD burner has stopped working
I've burned out 2 DVD drives/burners in my laptops a couple years ago. I also
burn lots of discs.

Troubleshooting tip for this one: hook up an exteral USB DVD burner and see
if that works. If you don't have one, buy one. If you're going to continue to
burn disks by the hundreds it will be a good investment. I've found that the
external DVD burners are more rugged than the ones that are supplied with our
laptops or desktops. Plus cheaper to replace.

Hope this helps...
--
oscar

....Right click is your best friend...

"izezi" wrote:

> I'm using Vista Home Premium and over the past year have burned approx 100
> DVDs without any problems using Roxio and Windows.
>
> I started having problems with burns being successful till finally every
> time I tried to burn a DVD it failed and I wasted a blank. The DVD drive
> itself works fine so I reformatted Windows in an attempt to remedy what I
> thought was a software problem to no avail. Every time I attempt to burn a
> DVD, no matter which method I try, the burn fails.
>
> Has anyone else experienced problems like this and if so could you please
> provide me with some advise to get me back in business?
>
> TIA,
> izezi

izezi

RE: DVD burner has stopped working
Thanks everyone for your reply.

It's a Sony Vaio laptop so replacing the drive isn't really an option right
now, since it hasn't totally shot craps. I'll try investing in a cleaner and
if that doesn't work looks like I'll be buying a new DVD burner.

Thanks again,
izezi