Importing Pictures to Chosen Location

Alan T

Importing Pictures to Chosen Location
When I import Pictures from camera using the 'Import Pictures Using Windows'
Option the Pictures are automatically saved to my C Drive. Can I have them
save to my E Drive instead ?
--
Alan T
Dave

Re: Importing Pictures to Chosen Location
Using Windows Photo Gallery?
click on File - Options - Import
Import to: browse to the E: drive and select a folder
OK

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview

"Alan T" <Alan T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news37ED1CB-FFA5-4015-B807-315FBB5104DE@microsoft.com...
> When I import Pictures from camera using the 'Import Pictures Using
> Windows'
> Option the Pictures are automatically saved to my C Drive. Can I have them
> save to my E Drive instead ?
> --
> Alan T

Alan T

Re: Importing Pictures to Chosen Location
Thanks Dave, that is certainly an acceptable work round. I have just taken
your advice and used this.

I would still be interested if anyone knows a way to change the default save
drive location when using Autoplay and selecting 'import pictures using
windows'.
-- Thanks Again
Alan T

"Dave" wrote:

> Using Windows Photo Gallery?
> click on File - Options - Import
> Import to: browse to the E: drive and select a folder
> OK
>
> --
> Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
> http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
>

> "Alan T" <Alan T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news37ED1CB-FFA5-4015-B807-315FBB5104DE@microsoft.com...
> > When I import Pictures from camera using the 'Import Pictures Using
> > Windows'
> > Option the Pictures are automatically saved to my C Drive. Can I have them
> > save to my E Drive instead ?
> > --
> > Alan T

Alan T

Re: Importing Pictures to Chosen Location
Hi,
have found out where to change the target folder for 'import pictures using
windows'. Open Windows Photo Gallery, doto FIle-Options-Import Tab- then
browse for the location required as default.

Thanks again though Dave.

--
Alan T

"Alan T" wrote:

> Thanks Dave, that is certainly an acceptable work round. I have just taken
> your advice and used this.
>
> I would still be interested if anyone knows a way to change the default save
> drive location when using Autoplay and selecting 'import pictures using
> windows'.
> -- Thanks Again
> Alan T
>

> "Dave" wrote:
>
> > Using Windows Photo Gallery?
> > click on File - Options - Import
> > Import to: browse to the E: drive and select a folder
> > OK
> >
> > --
> > Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
> > http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview
> >

> > "Alan T" <Alan T@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news37ED1CB-FFA5-4015-B807-315FBB5104DE@microsoft.com...
> > > When I import Pictures from camera using the 'Import Pictures Using
> > > Windows'
> > > Option the Pictures are automatically saved to my C Drive. Can I have them
> > > save to my E Drive instead ?
> > > --
> > > Alan T

Diego

Re: Importing Pictures to Chosen Location
Hi,
I have tried to change the target folder for 'import pictures using
windows'. Open Windows Photo Gallery, doto FIle-Options-Import Tab- but this
tab is now empty. This problem started few days ago. Also, in the autoplay
the Options link does not function anymore.
Thanks for your help
Diego