Media files

Semtex

Media files

I'm running vista home edtion. everytime I open a media file photo music
or video I get a message saying that Windows exploerer is closing down
and then it says Windows Explorer is restarting. It closes every thing
thats running and restarts at the desk top again. Has anyone ever had
this or can any one tell what is happening?

THank you.

--
Semtex
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media files

What's the fault information for that crash:
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
?

This should be easy to figure out given that information.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Semtex" <Semtex.2adb3a8@vistabanter.com> wrote in message

> I'm running vista home edtion. everytime I open a media file photo music
> or video I get a message saying that Windows exploerer is closing down
> and then it says Windows Explorer is restarting. It closes every thing
> thats running and restarts at the desk top again. Has anyone ever had
> this or can any one tell what is happening?
>
> THank you.
>

> --
> Semtex

Semtex

Re: Media files

'zachd [MSFT Wrote:
> ;668663']What's the fault information for that crash:
> 'WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player problems.'
> (http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket)
> ?
>
> This should be easy to figure out given that information.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See 'WMP FAQ: A trouble-shooting guide for Windows Media Player
> problems.' (http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html) for some helpful WMP info.
> rights.
> --
> "Semtex" Semtex.2adb3a8@vistabanter.com wrote in message
>
> I'm running vista home edtion. everytime I open a media file photo
> music
> or video I get a message saying that Windows exploerer is closing
> down
> and then it says Windows Explorer is restarting. It closes every
> thing
> thats running and restarts at the desk top again. Has anyone ever had
> this or can any one tell what is happening?
>
> THank you.
>

> --
> Semtex -

Thank you for your reply. But I don't get any error messages. All is
say is that windows explorer has stopped working and then it restarts.

Thats all the information I have.

--
Semtex
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Media files

When it says it has stopped working, that should log an even in the Problem
Reports and Security Center control panel as the link I pointed to you
indicates and tells you how to look up. What is that data?

--
Speaking for myself only.