Just got DirecTv

aclooper is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just got DirecTv
I have it setup on the computer, it runs fine as a stand alone. Meaning if I'm content to just run it as a sattelite box and use the standard remote that comes with it, and leave the TV tuner of the computer on channel 3, then everything is fine. But when I had cable, the Media Center remote was able to control everything. I can go through the setup, and Media Center recognizes the box, it'll register when I'm hitting key's on the set top box remote, but when I get to the end process of using the Media Center remote to change channels, I get nowhere. Anyone else run in to something like this that can offer some advice as to what to do next?
Dustin Harper

Re: Just got DirecTv
The satellite needs a separate decoder, unlike a cable box. There really
isn't a way to control the satellite through the Media Center right now, as
it is with cable. There was talk from DirecTV a while back about a box that
was compatible with home theater PC's and Media Center, but nothing has come
of it.

The functionality between satellite and the media center PC is difficult to
get working, and even at that it isn't seamless.

--

Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

Was this helpful? Then click the Ratings button. Voting helps the web
interface.
http://www.microsoft.com/wn3/locales...eAPostAsAnswer