Vista video streaming has pauses in video and sound

jdk

Vista video streaming has pauses in video and sound
I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and when I stream videos from websites
like Gametrailers.com as either a Windows Media or a Quicktime file the video
is choppy and has sound issues. If I download the same video there is no
choppyness and once the stream is no longer on HTTP and is on CACHE it is
fine. I know i have enough bandwidth for the video and under statistics I
does not show any errors .I have all the latest drivers and service packs.
And my PC specs are the following.

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 Ghz)
Graphics Card: Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB
RAM: 2 GB of DDR2
Motherboard: 680I SLI (Not Running Dual graphics cards)

I have reinstalled Vista as both 32 bit and 64 bit to see if there was some
difference. I also have this same issue on my Laptop running Vista.
John Inzer

Re: Vista video streaming has pauses in video and sound
jdk wrote:
> I am running Windows Vista Ultimate and when I stream videos from
> websites like Gametrailers.com as either a Windows Media or a
> Quicktime file the video is choppy and has sound issues. If I
> download the same video there is no choppyness and once the stream is
> no longer on HTTP and is on CACHE it is fine. I know i have enough
> bandwidth for the video and under statistics I does not show any
> errors .I have all the latest drivers and service packs. And my PC
> specs are the following.
>
> Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 (2.4 Ghz)
> Graphics Card: Nvidia 8800 GT 512 MB
> RAM: 2 GB of DDR2
> Motherboard: 680I SLI (Not Running Dual graphics cards)
>

> I have reinstalled Vista as both 32 bit and 64 bit to see if there
> was some difference. I also have this same issue on my Laptop running
> Vista.

============================
Sounds like your internet connection
is slow...are you on dialup?

Maybe the following site will help you
determine your download speed:

SpeakEasy Test Your Connection Speed
http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

--

John Inzer

jdk

Re: Vista video streaming has pauses in video and sound
Hi John. I am sure it is not a connection issue because I can stream the
video in flash without any problems. Also I could boot into Linux or even XP
and the problem is not there. I can try to load the same videos from my
school which has a very very fast connection and I would get the same issue.

jdk wrote:
> Hi John. I am sure it is not a connection issue because I can stream
> the video in flash without any problems. Also I could boot into Linux
> or even XP and the problem is not there. I can try to load the same
> videos from my school which has a very very fast connection and I
> would get the same issue.

==================================
Maybe the following link will offer some ideas:

Windows Vista - Play an audio or
video file: frequently asked questions
http://tinyurl.com/5mpz8u
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...84e191033.mspx

--

John Inzer

chris-martin

Re: Vista video streaming has pauses in video and sound

I had the same problem I bloged about it on my blog it has something to
do with Remote Differential Compression here is the link to the post on
my blog http://chris-martin.co.cc/?p=18

--
chris-martin
chris-martin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/chris-martin.htm