Help with Panasonic Camcorder

sapower41

Help with Panasonic Camcorder

I have a Panasonic Camcorder Model Number PV-GS39. It worked great with
my old computer which was running Windows XP...when I connected the
comcorder to my new computer (which is running Vista Home Premium) the
system appeared to recognize the device, and popped up a message which
said that the device was working properly.

I opened Windows Moviemaker and it couldn't locate the camcorder. I
looked under my device manager and saw the new device the system named
"Web-Camera".

I checked Panasonic's website but they only have drivers available for
Windows 2000 for this model. I contacted Panasonic but they said they
would have to research the issue and would call me back in a day or two.

Does anyone have any ideas how I get the system to recognize my
camcorder? Thank you in advance for your kind assistance.

Steve

--
sapower41
Clevo

Re: Help with Panasonic Camcorder

I use the Panasonic NV-GS180

To me it sounds like you are connecting via USB.

You'll find that you'll need to acquire a firewire cable to
capture/transfer the video.

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE
murfdawg001

Re: Help with Panasonic Camcorder

I have the same model while running vista Home Premium x64. My computer
doesn't have and firewire ports but I think the previous poster may be
correct. Although the manufacturer states that it should be fine while
running on a USB 2.0 connect. It just really kills me that there isn't
any backwards support for this model as it's not TOTALLY outdated.
Panasonic really needs to get about the game. Anybody else out there
having similar probs?

--
murfdawg001
Clevo

Re: Help with Panasonic Camcorder

Stranger still is that Panasonic don;t include firewire cables with
their camcorder.

The USB will happily transfer any stills you captured on your camcorder
or for use as a web cam.

For video capture from Mini Dv tapes a firewire is a must

--
Clevo