Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2008
Carolina Cardenas
 

Posts: n/a
Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista
I want to know if windows vista, can recognize a cocec K-litecodecpak. I have
to work with a web thar uses a fieldtrack with audios, but whenever I triy to
listen to the audios, I can't hear them right, The length is about a minute
or minute and 20 secs, but i just here the first 20 secs, and i really need
to know about it, cause everybody is telling me to change my system, from
vista tio XP, but when i made the consult at HP, they told me that would
bring me troubles, so please if you can answer me as soon as possible, I'd be
really glad.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2008
dmex
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

Hi Carolina,

No the Klite codec pack does not work well if at all with Vista,
Checkout this thread for a compatible Vista Codec Pack

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/...er-codecs.html

Steven


--
dmex

*'' (http://www.VistaX64.com)
*
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2008
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

Since you can hear the first twenty seconds, that clearly indicates that you
have the audio codec in question on your system. Anyone subsequently
advising you that you need "codecs" would thus seem confused to me.

What's the web URL that shows this strange audio clip?
Does it work on a second machine or for a friend?

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"Carolina Cardenas" <Carolina Cardenas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:48B3B419-E117-4F1F-86E0-E5E86DB8A8E1@microsoft.com...
>I want to know if windows vista, can recognize a cocec K-litecodecpak. I
>have
> to work with a web thar uses a fieldtrack with audios, but whenever I triy
> to
> listen to the audios, I can't hear them right, The length is about a
> minute
> or minute and 20 secs, but i just here the first 20 secs, and i really
> need
> to know about it, cause everybody is telling me to change my system, from
> vista tio XP, but when i made the consult at HP, they told me that would
> bring me troubles, so please if you can answer me as soon as possible, I'd
> be
> really glad.



Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-24-2008
dmex
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

zachd, The problem lies with the codecs since they are not designed for
use within Vista and thus causing the problems..The KLlite codec pack is
question here was designed for XP not vista plus its using codecs from
over two years ago..

Steven

'zachd [MSFT Wrote:
> ;757025'] Anyone subsequently
> advising you that you need "codecs" would thus seem confused to me.
>



--
dmex

*'' (http://www.VistaX64.com)
*
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2008
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

I'm extremely aware of the problems that have been engendered by the K-Lite
codec pack team.

The codecs themselves do not need to be "designed for use within Vista".
That statement has no real technical value. Most problems they would have
within Vista would have preexisted within XP. And that would again come
down to a sole codec that is having problems.

As such, we should temporarily assume that (because the video is playing)
that they definitively have a codec installed. If that codec is not
compatible, we should look into that directly - as opposed to spackling over
some hideous problem by applying yet another problematic codec pack.

The idea here would be to move forward on the single problem, as opposed to
introducing new ones. Throwing lots of software at a problem is generally a
poor path towards resolution. Especially given the sheer incompetency of
almost every package which uses its own subinstaller for each codec, which
means you potentially get into all sorts of stupid cross-package failures
quickly. =\

It's a definite mess. Let's just focus on the single problem here of the
broken codec for now though. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"dmex" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
news:692bcc89066bb03e8816bd7ee2238d57@nntp-gateway.com...
>
> zachd, The problem lies with the codecs since they are not designed for
> use within Vista and thus causing the problems..The KLlite codec pack is
> question here was designed for XP not vista plus its using codecs from
> over two years ago..
>
> Steven
>
> 'zachd [MSFT Wrote:
>> ;757025'] Anyone subsequently
>> advising you that you need "codecs" would thus seem confused to me.
>>

>
>
> --
> dmex
>
> *'' (http://www.VistaX64.com)
> *



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2008
N Brown
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista
So all the changes in the audio and video Foundations of Vista aren't really
important codec wise?

"zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:eXbzS$w1IHA.3920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>
> I'm extremely aware of the problems that have been engendered by the
> K-Lite codec pack team.
>
> The codecs themselves do not need to be "designed for use within Vista".
> That statement has no real technical value. Most problems they would have
> within Vista would have preexisted within XP. And that would again come
> down to a sole codec that is having problems.
>
> As such, we should temporarily assume that (because the video is playing)
> that they definitively have a codec installed. If that codec is not
> compatible, we should look into that directly - as opposed to spackling
> over some hideous problem by applying yet another problematic codec pack.
>
> The idea here would be to move forward on the single problem, as opposed
> to introducing new ones. Throwing lots of software at a problem is
> generally a poor path towards resolution. Especially given the sheer
> incompetency of almost every package which uses its own subinstaller for
> each codec, which means you potentially get into all sorts of stupid
> cross-package failures quickly. =\
>
> It's a definite mess. Let's just focus on the single problem here of the
> broken codec for now though. =)
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
> rights.
> --
> "dmex" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
> news:692bcc89066bb03e8816bd7ee2238d57@nntp-gateway.com...
>>
>> zachd, The problem lies with the codecs since they are not designed for
>> use within Vista and thus causing the problems..The KLlite codec pack is
>> question here was designed for XP not vista plus its using codecs from
>> over two years ago..
>>
>> Steven
>>
>> 'zachd [MSFT Wrote:
>>> ;757025'] Anyone subsequently
>>> advising you that you need "codecs" would thus seem confused to me.
>>>

>>
>>
>> --
>> dmex
>>
>> *'' (http://www.VistaX64.com)
>> *

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2008
zachd [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

We're kind of leaping from field to field, and that's likely going to
confuse everyone. =)

The specific context is as regards DirectShow filters and VFW codecs as
installed by some random party. The same filters/codecs as would work
elsewhere should work in the same fashion upon Vista. Thus the comment that
a DirectShow filter or VFW codec won't work because it "as not designed for
use within Vista" is rather a non-statement.

I would attempt to rephrase dmex's comments as "Vista's saner memory
handling means that broken codecs that were broken elsewhere will probably
crash cleanly as opposed to corrupting memory as they would in XP."

And thus we're not talking about Media Foundation or Vista itself in any
meaningful fashion, just about bad third party code. I apologize for any
confusion engendered here.

-Zach
--
Speaking for myself only.
See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
--
"N Brown" <tokinkosh65@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:48C8A5E1-476A-4496-A227-3DB0ED4C457F@microsoft.com...
> So all the changes in the audio and video Foundations of Vista aren't
> really
> important codec wise?
>
> "zachd [MSFT]" <zachd@nomailplz.online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:eXbzS$w1IHA.3920@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>
>> I'm extremely aware of the problems that have been engendered by the
>> K-Lite codec pack team.
>>
>> The codecs themselves do not need to be "designed for use within Vista".
>> That statement has no real technical value. Most problems they would
>> have within Vista would have preexisted within XP. And that would again
>> come down to a sole codec that is having problems.
>>
>> As such, we should temporarily assume that (because the video is playing)
>> that they definitively have a codec installed. If that codec is not
>> compatible, we should look into that directly - as opposed to spackling
>> over some hideous problem by applying yet another problematic codec pack.
>>
>> The idea here would be to move forward on the single problem, as opposed
>> to introducing new ones. Throwing lots of software at a problem is
>> generally a poor path towards resolution. Especially given the sheer
>> incompetency of almost every package which uses its own subinstaller for
>> each codec, which means you potentially get into all sorts of stupid
>> cross-package failures quickly. =\
>>
>> It's a definite mess. Let's just focus on the single problem here of the
>> broken codec for now though. =)
>>
>> --
>> Speaking for myself only.
>> See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info.
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
>> rights.
>> --
>> "dmex" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>> news:692bcc89066bb03e8816bd7ee2238d57@nntp-gateway.com...
>>>
>>> zachd, The problem lies with the codecs since they are not designed for
>>> use within Vista and thus causing the problems..The KLlite codec pack is
>>> question here was designed for XP not vista plus its using codecs from
>>> over two years ago..
>>>
>>> Steven
>>>
>>> 'zachd [MSFT Wrote:
>>>> ;757025'] Anyone subsequently
>>>> advising you that you need "codecs" would thus seem confused to me.



Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-15-2008
enricco777
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

I found new codec pack called: PURE CODEC 2008. you have to uninstall
all codecs in vista and download this one. I read lot about it and seems
that it is effective but i didnt use it yet waiting to discuss that in
this forum especially with mr. Brink the administrator of the forum and
I have full confidence in his opinion. thanks


--
enricco777
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2008
Giselle
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

-- does this really work I have a problem I am trying to down load to my pc
some videos from my labor and it tells me audio codecs needed??
I dont know what to do.. Do you know if this helps or
can you help me with this problem

Gisy


"enricco777" wrote:

>
> I found new codec pack called: PURE CODEC 2008. you have to uninstall
> all codecs in vista and download this one. I read lot about it and seems
> that it is effective but i didnt use it yet waiting to discuss that in
> this forum especially with mr. Brink the administrator of the forum and
> I have full confidence in his opinion. thanks
>
>
> --
> enricco777
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-16-2008
enricco777
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Compatibility of a codec with Windows vista

I suggest you wait till mr. Brink gives his opinion because he has more
experience and wise opinion I myself waiting his reply but of what I
read about this codec that its so good and compatible with vista but i
didnt try. thanks


--
enricco777
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Codec issues with asf files in windows vista stevieb microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 5 06-01-2009 01:39
AVI CODEC for Windows Media Center on Vista Army74delta microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 4 02-18-2009 21:00
Windows vista compatibility Kate B microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 10-31-2007 13:57
Windows Vista compatibility gap BlogFeed Windows Vista Blogs Forum 0 04-21-2007 11:26
MPEG-2 Codec Pack for Windows Vista =?Utf-8?B?Z3VzdGF2bw==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 03-08-2007 02:20




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:57.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120