DRM Security

camaz

DRM Security
Tryine to download from SpiralFrog, I get a notice that there is a WMP
problem with DRM management that will not let me load DRM protected tracks
from any source. When I go to the referred Microsoft site, the button to
"upgrade" security is greyed out. Help!! This has got to be a common
problem, but can't find it addressed when i search this forum.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: DRM Security

http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
has a pointer to the KB that details how to fix this. Sorry for being lazy
on my part. =\

--
Speaking for myself only.
"camaz" <camaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Tryine to download from SpiralFrog, I get a notice that there is a WMP
> problem with DRM management that will not let me load DRM protected tracks
> from any source. When I go to the referred Microsoft site, the button to
> "upgrade" security is greyed out. Help!! This has got to be a common
> problem, but can't find it addressed when i search this forum.

camaz

Re: DRM Security
Gave it a try, but no cigar! The path cited in the article didn't open any
file, and my DRM folder is "Empty". Strange that Microsoft hasn't come up
with a fix for this. From my online meanderings it seems that it is a
ubiquitous problem.

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#indiv
> has a pointer to the KB that details how to fix this. Sorry for being lazy
> on my part. =\
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "camaz" <camaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Tryine to download from SpiralFrog, I get a notice that there is a WMP
> > problem with DRM management that will not let me load DRM protected tracks
> > from any source. When I go to the referred Microsoft site, the button to
> > "upgrade" security is greyed out. Help!! This has got to be a common
> > problem, but can't find it addressed when i search this forum.

zachd [MSFT]

Re: DRM Security

The DRM folder contents are System Hidden by default, so they would appear
empty. I'm pretty certain that you would have to follow those steps,
applied to your own system, to move forward here.

If not, you would need to contact actual product support who would likely
take you through some variation of these same steps. This is pretty much
the solution: the only stumbling block people sometimes have is in figuring
out how to apply it to their system. =\