WMP 11 in Vista will not play MPG files

wet@dirt.com

WMP 11 in Vista will not play MPG files
I get an error that it can not play that format.

GSpot says mpg1 codec is installed and it will run in
gspot. Will also run using Cyberlink PowerDVD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ty

Mudley
zachd [MSFT]

Re: WMP 11 in Vista will not play MPG files

What MPEG Filters are installed according to WMP's Help:about:Technical
Support Information menu tool?

--
Speaking for myself only.
<wet@dirt.com> wrote in message
>I get an error that it can not play that format.
>
> GSpot says mpg1 codec is installed and it will run in
> gspot. Will also run using Cyberlink PowerDVD.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> ty
>

> Mudley

Location: Southern Florida currently
Busyboy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vista update changed my video file settings, now mpegs and avi files do not play nor can I save the files from sites
About a month ago I lost my windows media abilities to play and save the temporary files, which seem to vanish from sites after a while, this happened after I was prompted to update, well... I was sending an e-mail at the time, was 45 minutes into writing it, so I clicked on "postpone until later", but it went ahead and shut down right awat anyway so I lost the entire draft and the attached files.

When it was finished, I could not play mpeg or avi files anymore. Nor can I use the options to reset the features because those boxes that are supposed to be either checked or empty, have a grey checkmark in them, indicating the are not at my control anydaylightmore. So, it has shut me out. plus my laptop was tasking continuosly, using tons of memory, and creating registry errors. Activex file seems to be damaged or missing components.

So I'm very close to un-installing Vista and going for a clean re-instalation to try to recory the attributes that I payed for when I bought the notebook. I since have dis-abled the automatic updates... and of course need to know whats the best way to get back on track without getting shut down, shut out, or tweaked by Microsoft that disable pre-installed software and settings. You might say I'm put out $$$$, time and... need help!

Busyboy
(thecrosbyguy @ yahoo dot com)