Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Video capture from camera

microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2008
Hoggi
 

Posts: n/a
Video capture from camera
I have a problem with the the capture of my video into Windows Movie Maker.

I have now recaptured the video again after ensuring that all othe
programmes on the computer are disabled, however the problem still persists.

During the actual capture process the video runs at normal speed and there
are no fluctuations in the speed during that process. I do notice that the
capture display on the computer tends to stop and start from time to time,
but I believe this is normal and does not indicate a problem.

Once the capture is complete and I play back scenes from my capture, then
the speed of the playback varies all the time, sometimes running faster than
original capture and again slower at other times. I am sure that I have read
somewhere that this is not abnormal during the video editing phase.

However the problem arises in that once you publish the video these speed
variations are written into the published video and subsequently transfered
to the DVD.

I hope that someone has a solution to this problem.

Thank you
--
Hogard Gevers
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2008
PapaJohn
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video capture from camera
what's the camcorder or camera brand and model? are you using a USB
connection or firewire?
--
website references are to www.papajohn.org

PapaJohn (MVP)


"Hoggi" <Hoggi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:04CD856C-0BE9-4F71-A7ED-F21938CFB3A5@microsoft.com...
>I have a problem with the the capture of my video into Windows Movie Maker.
>
> I have now recaptured the video again after ensuring that all othe
> programmes on the computer are disabled, however the problem still
> persists.
>
> During the actual capture process the video runs at normal speed and there
> are no fluctuations in the speed during that process. I do notice that the
> capture display on the computer tends to stop and start from time to time,
> but I believe this is normal and does not indicate a problem.
>
> Once the capture is complete and I play back scenes from my capture, then
> the speed of the playback varies all the time, sometimes running faster
> than
> original capture and again slower at other times. I am sure that I have
> read
> somewhere that this is not abnormal during the video editing phase.
>
> However the problem arises in that once you publish the video these speed
> variations are written into the published video and subsequently
> transfered
> to the DVD.
>
> I hope that someone has a solution to this problem.
>
> Thank you
> --
> Hogard Gevers
> Pietermaritzburg, South Africa



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2008
Hoggi
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video capture from camera
My camera is a Panasonic NV-GS250 3CCD which comes supplied with a USB and a
firewire connection. Problem is that the laptop I have does not have a
firewire connection.

Previously when I used to edit my movies with a Compaq Laptop running
Windows XP I used Pinnacle and a firewire connection.

Now I have an Acer Ferarri 1000 laptop which does not have a firewire
connection.

On the Panasonic Camera it shows USB2.0 (HS) DV Data Streaming.

If it is the USB connection causing the problem can I add a firewire
connection to the laptop and if s how do I do this?

Your assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks
--
Hogard Gevers
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa


"PapaJohn" wrote:

> what's the camcorder or camera brand and model? are you using a USB
> connection or firewire?
> --
> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>
> PapaJohn (MVP)
>
>
> "Hoggi" <Hoggi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:04CD856C-0BE9-4F71-A7ED-F21938CFB3A5@microsoft.com...
> >I have a problem with the the capture of my video into Windows Movie Maker.
> >
> > I have now recaptured the video again after ensuring that all othe
> > programmes on the computer are disabled, however the problem still
> > persists.
> >
> > During the actual capture process the video runs at normal speed and there
> > are no fluctuations in the speed during that process. I do notice that the
> > capture display on the computer tends to stop and start from time to time,
> > but I believe this is normal and does not indicate a problem.
> >
> > Once the capture is complete and I play back scenes from my capture, then
> > the speed of the playback varies all the time, sometimes running faster
> > than
> > original capture and again slower at other times. I am sure that I have
> > read
> > somewhere that this is not abnormal during the video editing phase.
> >
> > However the problem arises in that once you publish the video these speed
> > variations are written into the published video and subsequently
> > transfered
> > to the DVD.
> >
> > I hope that someone has a solution to this problem.
> >
> > Thank you
> > --
> > Hogard Gevers
> > Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-22-2008
PapaJohn
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video capture from camera
I've not used one, but there are PMCIA firewire cards for laptops.

Your other option is to use software that better supports a USB connection.
Movie Maker supports it less and less over time.
--
website references are to www.papajohn.org

PapaJohn (MVP)


"Hoggi" <Hoggi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:49B9B055-6D68-4D65-ADBF-E2F2CE5D51B9@microsoft.com...
> My camera is a Panasonic NV-GS250 3CCD which comes supplied with a USB and
> a
> firewire connection. Problem is that the laptop I have does not have a
> firewire connection.
>
> Previously when I used to edit my movies with a Compaq Laptop running
> Windows XP I used Pinnacle and a firewire connection.
>
> Now I have an Acer Ferarri 1000 laptop which does not have a firewire
> connection.
>
> On the Panasonic Camera it shows USB2.0 (HS) DV Data Streaming.
>
> If it is the USB connection causing the problem can I add a firewire
> connection to the laptop and if s how do I do this?
>
> Your assistance will be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Hogard Gevers
> Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
>
>
> "PapaJohn" wrote:
>
>> what's the camcorder or camera brand and model? are you using a USB
>> connection or firewire?
>> --
>> website references are to www.papajohn.org
>>
>> PapaJohn (MVP)
>>
>>
>> "Hoggi" <Hoggi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:04CD856C-0BE9-4F71-A7ED-F21938CFB3A5@microsoft.com...
>> >I have a problem with the the capture of my video into Windows Movie
>> >Maker.
>> >
>> > I have now recaptured the video again after ensuring that all othe
>> > programmes on the computer are disabled, however the problem still
>> > persists.
>> >
>> > During the actual capture process the video runs at normal speed and
>> > there
>> > are no fluctuations in the speed during that process. I do notice that
>> > the
>> > capture display on the computer tends to stop and start from time to
>> > time,
>> > but I believe this is normal and does not indicate a problem.
>> >
>> > Once the capture is complete and I play back scenes from my capture,
>> > then
>> > the speed of the playback varies all the time, sometimes running faster
>> > than
>> > original capture and again slower at other times. I am sure that I have
>> > read
>> > somewhere that this is not abnormal during the video editing phase.
>> >
>> > However the problem arises in that once you publish the video these
>> > speed
>> > variations are written into the published video and subsequently
>> > transfered
>> > to the DVD.
>> >
>> > I hope that someone has a solution to this problem.
>> >
>> > Thank you
>> > --
>> > Hogard Gevers
>> > Pietermaritzburg, South Africa

>>
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-23-2008
Barb Bowman
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Video capture from camera
I have used firewire pccards with laptops (Ferrari 4000 and 5000)

On Sun, 22 Jun 2008 09:20:00 -0700, Hoggi
<Hoggi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>My camera is a Panasonic NV-GS250 3CCD which comes supplied with a USB and a
>firewire connection. Problem is that the laptop I have does not have a
>firewire connection.
>
>Previously when I used to edit my movies with a Compaq Laptop running
>Windows XP I used Pinnacle and a firewire connection.
>
>Now I have an Acer Ferarri 1000 laptop which does not have a firewire
>connection.
>
>On the Panasonic Camera it shows USB2.0 (HS) DV Data Streaming.
>
>If it is the USB connection causing the problem can I add a firewire
>connection to the laptop and if s how do I do this?
>
>Your assistance will be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks

--

Barb Bowman
MS-MVP
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/e...ts/bowman.mspx
http://blogs.digitalmediaphile.com/barb/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Article ID: 931812 Sur un ordinateur Windows Vista-based, le Sony VAIO Camera Capture Utility (VCCU) ne peut pas correctement fonctionner tant que vous ne le redmarrez pas KBArticles French 0 10-23-2007 20:00
Article ID: 931812 Wenn Sie es neu starten, funktioniert das Sony VAIO Camera Capture Utility (VCCU) möglicherweise nicht richtig auf einem Windows Vista-based Computer KBArticles German 0 10-22-2007 21:20
Article ID: 927833 You cannot see a video camera in the Scanners and Cameras item in Control Panel after you connect the video camera to a Windows Vista-based computer KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Article ID: 931812 On a Windows Vista-based computer, the Sony VAIO Camera Capture Utility (VCCU) may not work correctly until you restart it KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Why PC Camera can only capture 15fps in Vista? Vivian Lin microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 06-26-2007 04:04




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:55.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120