Where is the rest of my file?

Xplaya

Where is the rest of my file?
Ok, so I import an MPEG file into movie maker. When I do, it just shows a
second of the clip and then it ends. Anything else will play the entire file.
I really want to make a simple machinima, but my computer thinks otherwise.
Any help? Now?
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Where is the rest of my file?

Do other MPEG1 files work? Where did this file come from?
It's possible it's not a particularly well made file, in which case MM might
not like it.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Xplaya" <Xplaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, so I import an MPEG file into movie maker. When I do, it just shows a
> second of the clip and then it ends. Anything else will play the entire
> file.
> I really want to make a simple machinima, but my computer thinks
> otherwise.
> Any help? Now?

Hyula

Re: Where is the rest of my file?

When the clip plays that one second and then ends, does the rest of the
clip turn green, but still have audio? If this is the case, I might have
a solution for you~

--
Hyula
John Bishop

Re: Where is the rest of my file?
Hyula,

I seem to have the same problem - when I play the movie the pictures stop
after 1 second and the audio continues until the end of the clip (about 15
seconds on this particular clip).

Any help _GREATLY_ appreciated!

John

"Hyula" wrote:

> When the clip plays that one second and then ends, does the rest of the
> clip turn green, but still have audio? If this is the case, I might have
> a solution for you~
>

> --
> Hyula

Hyula

Re: Where is the rest of my file?

In my case, I've tried drivers, and various installs recommended to me
by HP tech support...but in the end, what actually fixed things was
simply that my color settings were messed up.
Right click on your desktop, and select NVIDIA Control Panel option
Make sure that your resolution and color quality are at 32 bit (or on
highest possible setting)

This is what fixed my problem, and I hope it works out for you as well.

--
Hyula
John Bishop

Re: Where is the rest of my file?
Hyula,

I was already set to 32 bits and toggled the display to 16 bits, and then
back to 32 bits and I still have the same problem in both configurations.

*sigh*

Do you have any other ideas?

John