Slideshow duration match music length in WMM

*mstenzel

Slideshow duration match music length in WMM
In Windows DVD Maker, I can make the length of the slideshow automatically
match the length of my music track. Can this be done in Movie Maker?

I've tried to tweak this in the past, but have been so frustrated trying to
calculate the length of the durations to match the audio. And, am I correct
in my understanding that you can only change the default picture duration
from the Options/Advanced menu BEFORE you add media? Shouldn't you be able
to adjust options for a project after the media's been added? I hate that I
have to remove all my pictures from the timeline, adjust duration, and the
move them back. (Yes, I do know that you can trim clips with the red
arrows--I'm referring to global settings that will affect all slides.)

Thanks
PapaJohn

Re: Slideshow duration match music length in WMM
You've got things right... once on the timeline, it's a manual process

PapaJohn (MVP)

"*mstenzel" <mstenzel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In Windows DVD Maker, I can make the length of the slideshow automatically
> match the length of my music track. Can this be done in Movie Maker?
>
> I've tried to tweak this in the past, but have been so frustrated trying
> calculate the length of the durations to match the audio. And, am I
> correct
> in my understanding that you can only change the default picture duration
> from the Options/Advanced menu BEFORE you add media? Shouldn't you be
> able
> to adjust options for a project after the media's been added? I hate that
> have to remove all my pictures from the timeline, adjust duration, and the
> move them back. (Yes, I do know that you can trim clips with the red
> arrows--I'm referring to global settings that will affect all slides.)
>
> Thanks

*mstenzel

Re: Slideshow duration match music length in WMM
Good, I guess. I mean I'm glad that my frustration is based on fact and that
I wasn't stupidly missing an obvious fix.

Thanks for the clarity.