Error code C00D11C7 WMP

Barty1958 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Error code C00D11C7 WMP
Just tried to rip some cds into my Windows Media Player and this error code comes up along with the note that you are missing an audio codec.
The solution is to configure your codecs to update automatically which it was already set for.

It won't let me rip to WMA but if I change the format to MP3 or WAV, it works.

After some research, it appears this has happened to others.

My system is Vista home prmeium- SP1 and its WMP 11

Anyone able to help.
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Error code C00D11C7 WMP

Does it work for any of the WMA ripping options?
What if any third party codecs or players are installed on the system?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Barty1958" <Barty1958.3b06w8@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Just tried to rip some cds into my Windows Media Player and this error
> code comes up along with the note that you are missing an audio codec.
> The solution is to configure your codecs to update automatically which
> it was already set for.
>
> It won't let me rip to WMA but if I change the format to MP3 or WAV, it
> works.
>
> After some research, it appears this has happened to others.
>
> My system is Vista home prmeium- SP1 and its WMP 11
>
> Anyone able to help.
>

> --
> Barty1958

Barty1958 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
WMP ripping to wma problem
Interesting one this.
For the past week I have been talking to HP as the system came pre -installed.
All their suggestions were standard checks on configurtion etc.
I have downloaded K-Lite Codec pack 3.9.5. Full.

I only use WMP for Music. I also have Real Player & Quicktime installed.
I installed Easy CD-Da extractor for testing. It also would not let me
rip Cd to wma.

I have just about given up and decided to now use wav or Mp3 for
future ripping but I liked wma as I use the DFX enhancer which really
delivers a quality sound.

I might try uninstalling Quicktime to see if it is responsible.

Any suggestions would be greatly received
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Error code C00D11C7 WMP

What crazy nut thought K-Lite would have anything beneficial at all to add
here? That doesn't make any sense whatsoever at all. That's very confusing
to me.

The questions that I asked in my last reply to you are still the most
pertinent.

Anybody telling you to add further codecs to this system in order to rip to
WMA is incompetent. The codecs are already there, the *only* question is
why they aren't working for you. By you providing information about how
they're failing, that can potentially allow us to move forward here. =)

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Barty1958" <Barty1958.3bcq8d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> Interesting one this.
> For the past week I have been talking to HP as the system came pre
> -installed.
> All their suggestions were standard checks on configurtion etc.
> I have downloaded K-Lite Codec pack 3.9.5. Full.
>
> I only use WMP for Music. I also have Real Player & Quicktime
> installed.
> I installed Easy CD-Da extractor for testing. It also would not let me
> rip Cd to wma.
>
> I have just about given up and decided to now use wav or Mp3 for
> future ripping but I liked wma as I use the DFX enhancer which really
> delivers a quality sound.
>
> I might try uninstalling Quicktime to see if it is responsible.
>
> Any suggestions would be greatly received
>

> --
> Barty1958

Barty1958 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
C00D11C7 error.
Overview.

I have a HP slimline s3150uk sytem with preloaded Windows Vista Home Premium.
I use the Media player for ripping CDs and I have most of my Collection allready ripped in wma format which is the default in WMP.
I have updated also to SP1.
I had not ripped for a good few months and when i did the error message came as above with a note stating that I hadn't the installed codec.
My problem was reported to HP and I have had a stream of various bits of advice, all useless.
In WMP I can change the format to wav/mp3. This works. But I cannot get a rip to wma to work, allthough I can play existing wma files .
One of HPs advice was to d/load the K-Lite set of codec.
This issue appeared in other forum threads, but no resolution yet.
Any Ideas ????