Burning Pictures Onto CD

smit_tay

Burning Pictures Onto CD
I am having the same problem as Scubiekim - except I DO use Windows Vista.

When I put a CD-R in the drive, and try to burn pics onto it, it tells me I
can't. Then every 5 minutes since I've tried, I get a balloon on the bottom
of my screen saying "You have files waiting to be burned to disc. To view
files, click this balloon". I then click the balloon, and nothing happens.

I know it's not a problem with the CD, since I have other pictures on it,
and it's not full. The pics I'm trying to work with are JPEG files, the same
as the pics that are already on the disc.
Clevo

Re: Burning Pictures Onto CD

Hold on a moment...if the CD-R already has files on it it may have been
finalised in such a way so as not to accept anymore buring sessions to
it.

Try a new blank CD-R

--
Clevo

___________________________
Windows Vista Home Premium x64 + SP1
ASUS P5K MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
4GB RAM (DDR2)
NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
Realtek HD onboard sound

Helpful links:
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...91033.mspx#EEE

davidoc will become famous soon enoughdavidoc will become famous soon enough
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cd-r are a one time only.once burned to nothing else can be added...in order to keep on adding to your cd you will need to use cd-rw discs.
dbknox

Re: Burning Pictures Onto CD

davidoc;745276 Wrote:
> cd-r are a one time only.once burned to nothing else can be added...in
> order to keep on adding to your cd you will need to use cd-rw discs.
>

> --
> davidoc

*smit_tay* is trying to do multisession which does allow Data such as
pictures or MP3s to be added to a DVD-r or CD-r. There seems to be a
problem with some Vista os not being able to see data made using xp os
and vise versa. Luckly , for me, I don't have this problem but so many
people do. I have burned multisission DVDs on my Vista machine and tried
to see them on my duaghter's XP and the only thing that showed up was
the first session. I then found that a program called "burn-aware"
version 1.3.1.0 was being given away and I tried downloading it and
installing it. I burned several sessions with it and windows Vista saw
all the sessions and allowed me to add to it and when I made another
session using "Burnaware" it could see all the sessions made with Vista.
I then took it over to my daughter's computer and XP could see all the
sessions. I was going to recommend that everyone having problems with
burning on Vista should download "Burnaware" and try it out. I find it
is no longer being offered for free. Now I find *majorgeeks* still
offers it. '|MG| BurnAware Free Edition 1.3'
(http://www.majorgeeks.com/BurnAware_...ion_d5839.html)

Give it a try and let us know how it works for you.

--
dbknox
dbknox

Re: Burning Pictures Onto CD

I have just recently tried to do multisession with burnaware and
suddenly it didn't work. When I checked the media that did work it was
"Verbatim", I was trying to do multisession with "Sony" media and I
could not see any sessions other then the first, so it looks like you
should try different media and see what works for you. The fact that you
are burning pictures I would suggest using good media ( like Verbatim).
You do not want to lose your pictures.

--
dbknox
snowwhite

Re: Burning Pictures Onto CD
How do I keep a RW disc from being finalized after burning some pictures.
Seems like Vista does it automatically in Windows Media. I have been unable
to go back and add pictures later. Big waste of space.