Jumping music in windows vista

Richard

Jumping music in windows vista
When i use windows vista and any browser or media player library when i
scroll the music jumps and slows down,im on a vista hombasic maching with
1.5gb of ram an ati radeon 5000 series and a celeron d processor

Thanks for any help
John Inzer

Re: Jumping music in windows vista
Richard wrote:
> When i use windows vista and any browser or media player library when
> i scroll the music jumps and slows down,im on a vista hombasic
> maching with
> 1.5gb of ram an ati radeon 5000 series and a celeron d processor
>
> Thanks for any help

==============
Maybe the following info will be useful:

==

Previously posted by Cal Bear '66

Sigma Tel audio adapter?

Control Panel (Classic view) > Sounds > Playback tab > highlight Speakers >
press Properties button > Enhancements tab > CHECK the "Disable all
enhancements" checkbox. (Vista's Help and Support has guided help for this
procedure -- search for "audio skipping".)

More.....

Windows Vista -
How do I stop my music from skipping
or breaking up when I play it?
http://tinyurl.com/62glwr
or...
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...653ae1033.mspx

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Richard

Re: Jumping music in windows vista
Hi John,
Thanks for the quick reply i have allready done this (im using realtek hd
audio)but i found the same part and still no luck,Im now checking for the
latest drivers but i dont think this will help as iv allready done this

Richard wrote:
> Hi John,
> Thanks for the quick reply i have allready done this (im using
> realtek hd audio)but i found the same part and still no luck,Im now
> checking for the latest drivers but i dont think this will help as iv
> allready done this

=====================
Let us know if you find a fix.

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Jumping music in windows vista

What audio card do you have?
Have you checked for an updated video card driver, given that it's happening
during the video event of scrolling.... ?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When i use windows vista and any browser or media player library when i
> scroll the music jumps and slows down,im on a vista hombasic maching with
> 1.5gb of ram an ati radeon 5000 series and a celeron d processor
>
> Thanks for any help

Richard

Re: Jumping music in windows vista
Hi,
Yes iv updated the graphic card driver's and the sound card driver's the
sounds card is on the motherboard and is a realtek hd audio card,

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What audio card do you have?
> Have you checked for an updated video card driver, given that it's happening
> during the video event of scrolling.... ?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When i use windows vista and any browser or media player library when i
> > scroll the music jumps and slows down,im on a vista hombasic maching with
> > 1.5gb of ram an ati radeon 5000 series and a celeron d processor
> >
> > Thanks for any help

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Jumping music in windows vista

What's the video card here, though? That would be the real suspect to me.