Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine

Julie72

Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine
How

For some reason my Windows DVD Maker has ceased to work when it used to work
perfectly.

I am able to add files to burn but when I hit next and go to where I can
change the settings before burning it says that "windows dvd player has
stopped working and windows is checking to see if there is a solution to the
problem" I then get a message box stating "a problem caused the program to
stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
solution is available."

This program used to work just fine but stopped working and I do not get a
notification of what the problem is or a code or something from Windows.
I've recently updated to SP1 using Vista on an Acer 5570 laptop. I've tried
changing the speed and placing the video on my desktop instead of pulling
from folders but that makes no difference. I've changed file extensions,
downloaded other programs to convert files to different types thinking that's
what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using Windows
Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this program.

I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a few
minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and that
there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a while
since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.

Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other information I
need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
necessary.

Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.

Julie
zachd [MSFT]

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine

In the Problem Reports and Solutions Center control panel, what are the
fault details for that crash?
http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
will help you look that up if you don't know how.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Julie72" <Julie72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How
>
> For some reason my Windows DVD Maker has ceased to work when it used to
> work
> perfectly.
>
> I am able to add files to burn but when I hit next and go to where I can
> change the settings before burning it says that "windows dvd player has
> stopped working and windows is checking to see if there is a solution to
> the
> problem" I then get a message box stating "a problem caused the program to
> stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
> solution is available."
>
> This program used to work just fine but stopped working and I do not get a
> notification of what the problem is or a code or something from Windows.
> I've recently updated to SP1 using Vista on an Acer 5570 laptop. I've
> tried
> changing the speed and placing the video on my desktop instead of pulling
> from folders but that makes no difference. I've changed file extensions,
> downloaded other programs to convert files to different types thinking
> that's
> what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using Windows
> Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this program.
>
> I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a few
> minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and that
> there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a
> while
> since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.
>
> Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other information
> need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
> necessary.
>
> Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.
>
> Julie

gascogirl88

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine
Both my programme for movie maker and DVD maker used to work fine. I was able
to make a video, published in DVD, and burn it. However, last night, as I
tried to to publish a movie with the movie maker in my computer, it seize
functioning. The message that appears:

"Window Movie Maker has stopped working" and when I view the problem
details, this is what was reported:

Window Movie Maker
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: MOVIEMK.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b6
Fault Module Name: iac25_32.ax
Fault Module Version: 2.0.5.53
Fault Module Timestamp: 3847010a
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00003548
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 17417
Additional Information 1: 8d13
Additional Information 2: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311
Additional Information 3: 8d13
Additional Information 4: cdca9b1d21d12b77d84f02df48e34311

Similarly, this thing happen to my DVD maker. When I open the project that
I'd previously saved, it failed to open. The message of "Window DVD Maker has
stopped working" once a file or two files is added. Right after the file(s)
is/are added, the message popped out. This is the problem details.

Window DVD Maker
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: DVDMaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
Fault Module Name: kernel32.dll
Fault Module Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Fault Module Timestamp: 4549bd80
Exception Code: c0000002
Exception Offset: 0001b09e
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 17417
Additional Information 1: 74a7
Additional Information 2: 5379bb84ca3268cc8561fc3f13b35449
Additional Information 3: 801e
Additional Information 4: 8c2cc032e7528849a18f1b1fb2c5ab4e

I really hope that you can help me to fix this as I have a project for my
church to finish within the date line...thank you for your help. Thank you
for everything.

--
Smile! Smile! =~_^=

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> In the Problem Reports and Solutions Center control panel, what are the
> fault details for that crash?
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> will help you look that up if you don't know how.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Julie72" <Julie72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How
> >
> > For some reason my Windows DVD Maker has ceased to work when it used to
> > work
> > perfectly.
> >
> > I am able to add files to burn but when I hit next and go to where I can
> > change the settings before burning it says that "windows dvd player has
> > stopped working and windows is checking to see if there is a solution to
> > the
> > problem" I then get a message box stating "a problem caused the program to
> > stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
> > solution is available."
> >
> > This program used to work just fine but stopped working and I do not get a
> > notification of what the problem is or a code or something from Windows.
> > I've recently updated to SP1 using Vista on an Acer 5570 laptop. I've
> > tried
> > changing the speed and placing the video on my desktop instead of pulling
> > from folders but that makes no difference. I've changed file extensions,
> > downloaded other programs to convert files to different types thinking
> > that's
> > what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using Windows
> > Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this program.
> >
> > I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a few
> > minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and that
> > there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a
> > while
> > since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.
> >
> > Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other information
> > need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
> > necessary.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.
> >
> > Julie

On Request

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine
A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video
and/or audio) files. Try this URL:

http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm

Incompatible source files may cause problems with DVD Maker as well as Movie
Maker.

Another trick that sometimes works is to uncheck the boxes in Tools|
Options| Compatibility.

"Julie72" <Julie72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How
>
> For some reason my Windows DVD Maker has ceased to work when it used to
> work
> perfectly.
>
> I am able to add files to burn but when I hit next and go to where I can
> change the settings before burning it says that "windows dvd player has
> stopped working and windows is checking to see if there is a solution to
> the
> problem" I then get a message box stating "a problem caused the program to
> stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
> solution is available."
>
> This program used to work just fine but stopped working and I do not get a
> notification of what the problem is or a code or something from Windows.
> I've recently updated to SP1 using Vista on an Acer 5570 laptop. I've
> tried
> changing the speed and placing the video on my desktop instead of pulling
> from folders but that makes no difference. I've changed file extensions,
> downloaded other programs to convert files to different types thinking
> that's
> what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using Windows
> Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this program.
>
> I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a few
> minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and that
> there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a
> while
> since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.
>
> Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other information
> need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
> necessary.
>
> Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.
>
> Julie

zachd [MSFT]

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine

This is really simple, happily:
You had some bad third party software misregister the Intel Audio Codec.

Did you already "Check for Solutions" here? That crash should have a
response in place already which should tell you how to fix this more easily
than I could explain it. =) If not, let me know and I'll dig up that info
too. =)

So you should be on your way to being fixed here, it just might take an
extra bit if the Check for Solutions response isn't in place for you yet.

--
Speaking for myself only.
"gascogirl88" <gascogirl88@discussion.msft.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>> > what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using
>> > Windows
>> > Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this
>> > program.
>> >
>> > I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a
>> > few
>> > minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and
>> > that
>> > there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a
>> > while
>> > since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.
>> >
>> > Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other
>> > information
>> > need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
>> > necessary.
>> >
>> > Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.

Julie72

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine
I may be a bit dense as I'm not finding the same error messages that are
posted above. It is telling me that I have 57 errors associated with this
program - it stopped working - and there is no current solution. It did tell
me I had a flash player that needed to be upgraded and a compatibility issue
with Adobe. Am I not looking in the correct spot?

"On Request" wrote:

> A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video
> and/or audio) files. Try this URL:
>

> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
>

> Incompatible source files may cause problems with DVD Maker as well as Movie
> Maker.
>

> Another trick that sometimes works is to uncheck the boxes in Tools|
> Options| Compatibility.
>

> "Julie72" <Julie72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How
> >
> > For some reason my Windows DVD Maker has ceased to work when it used to
> > work
> > perfectly.
> >
> > I am able to add files to burn but when I hit next and go to where I can
> > change the settings before burning it says that "windows dvd player has
> > stopped working and windows is checking to see if there is a solution to
> > the
> > problem" I then get a message box stating "a problem caused the program to
> > stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
> > solution is available."
> >
> > This program used to work just fine but stopped working and I do not get a
> > notification of what the problem is or a code or something from Windows.
> > I've recently updated to SP1 using Vista on an Acer 5570 laptop. I've
> > tried
> > changing the speed and placing the video on my desktop instead of pulling
> > from folders but that makes no difference. I've changed file extensions,
> > downloaded other programs to convert files to different types thinking
> > that's
> > what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using Windows
> > Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this program.
> >
> > I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a few
> > minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and that
> > there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a
> > while
> > since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.
> >
> > Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other information
> > need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
> > necessary.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.
> >
> > Julie

Julie72

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine

I found my fault errors!! I have 57 for this player so I've listed the 1st
(5/22/08) and the last (6/10/08). I uninstalled Nero 8 Demo yesterday and
that didn't make any difference.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dvdmaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6000.16386
Application Timestamp: 4549b5b0
Fault Module Name: vsfilter.dll
Fault Module Version: 1.0.1.4
Fault Module Timestamp: 47b434ac
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00021caf
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 6f4e
Additional Information 2: e33fa0c8c16a385ea2f512bf192e7ce9
Additional Information 3: 646d
Additional Information 4: 65c953455690cc2fdbdbaa9e48b6f1ad

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 671860535

This is the most recent message:
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: dvdmaker.exe
Application Version: 6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp: 479193d1
Fault Module Name: divxa32.acm
Fault Module Version: 4.2.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 387be4c5
Exception Code: c0000094
Exception Offset: 00003553
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fd00
Additional Information 2: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160
Additional Information 3: fd00
Additional Information 4: ea6f5fe8924aaa756324d57f87834160

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 692887447

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> In the Problem Reports and Solutions Center control panel, what are the
> fault details for that crash?
> http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html#bucket
> will help you look that up if you don't know how.
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Julie72" <Julie72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How
> >
> > For some reason my Windows DVD Maker has ceased to work when it used to
> > work
> > perfectly.
> >
> > I am able to add files to burn but when I hit next and go to where I can
> > change the settings before burning it says that "windows dvd player has
> > stopped working and windows is checking to see if there is a solution to
> > the
> > problem" I then get a message box stating "a problem caused the program to
> > stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
> > solution is available."
> >
> > This program used to work just fine but stopped working and I do not get a
> > notification of what the problem is or a code or something from Windows.
> > I've recently updated to SP1 using Vista on an Acer 5570 laptop. I've
> > tried
> > changing the speed and placing the video on my desktop instead of pulling
> > from folders but that makes no difference. I've changed file extensions,
> > downloaded other programs to convert files to different types thinking
> > that's
> > what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using Windows
> > Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this program.
> >
> > I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a few
> > minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and that
> > there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a
> > while
> > since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.
> >
> > Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other information
> > need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
> > necessary.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.
> >
> > Julie

Julie72

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine
I removed all DivX players from my PC and also removed the files that were in
the causing the problem in the most recent messages (they were all the same
fault file). I then tried to burn again and it went super-fast up to 54%
then stopped for "invalid pointer" error. It didn't give me a message in
Problems Report area. I shut if off and tried to burn again and it's now
encoding slowly like it used to but gets to about 5%, jumps to 99% and
cancels saying "cannot create the DVD" and " an error occurred when burning
the DVD" then ejected it. I retried 3 times and does the same thing but
doesn't give me any error messages in Problems Report area. I was so stoked
thinking after weeks of this I finally fixed it - so much for my premature
hurrah :-) Hopefully this is something simple for someone with more PC
knowledge. Again all assistance is TOTALLY APPRECIATED!!
"Julie72" wrote:

> [...]
> > > downloaded other programs to convert files to different types thinking
> > > that's
> > > what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using Windows
> > > Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this program.
> > >
> > > I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a few
> > > minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and that
> > > there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a
> > > while
> > > since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.
> > >
> > > Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other information
> > > need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
> > > necessary.
> > >
> > > Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.

Julie72

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine
Would that be tools section of my web browser or somewhere else for
compatibility boxes to uncheck? Also, is there a way to tell if the file is
a DV-AVI or a divx-avi? All the files that I have tried to burn are either
AVI or WMV extensions so I'm not sure if that's my issue or not.

"On Request" wrote:

> A first place to start is to see if you have incompatible source (video
> and/or audio) files. Try this URL:
>

> http://www.myvideoproblems.com/Tutor...patibility.htm
>

> Incompatible source files may cause problems with DVD Maker as well as Movie
> Maker.
>

> Another trick that sometimes works is to uncheck the boxes in Tools|
> Options| Compatibility.
>

> "Julie72" <Julie72@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How
> >
> > For some reason my Windows DVD Maker has ceased to work when it used to
> > work
> > perfectly.
> >
> > I am able to add files to burn but when I hit next and go to where I can
> > change the settings before burning it says that "windows dvd player has
> > stopped working and windows is checking to see if there is a solution to
> > the
> > problem" I then get a message box stating "a problem caused the program to
> > stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a
> > solution is available."
> >
> > This program used to work just fine but stopped working and I do not get a
> > notification of what the problem is or a code or something from Windows.
> > I've recently updated to SP1 using Vista on an Acer 5570 laptop. I've
> > tried
> > changing the speed and placing the video on my desktop instead of pulling
> > from folders but that makes no difference. I've changed file extensions,
> > downloaded other programs to convert files to different types thinking
> > that's
> > what was wrong. Nothing has worked. I can view just fine using Windows
> > Media Player so I'm not sure why I can no longer burn using this program.
> >
> > I have also started to burn a DVD and have the job cancel after just a few
> > minutes (when it normally took about 2 hours) but says 99% done and that
> > there's a problem burning to the DVD. I haven't had that error up in a
> > while
> > since I can't get past the initial screen to change the layout, etc.
> >
> > Any help you can give me appreciated. I'm not sure what other information
> > need to provide but will be most happy to provide whatever information
> > necessary.
> >
> > Thank you in advance for ANY help you can give.
> >
> > Julie

On Request

Re: Vista/Window DVD Maker quits working - used to work fine
The boxes to uncheck are in Windows Movie Maker| Tools| Options|
Compatibility.

Movie Maker and DVD Maker are closely related programs. See if unchecking
those filters will help.