AVI WMP 11 Vista Problems

Ten

AVI WMP 11 Vista Problems
Hello!!

I am having problems watching some WinZipped AVI Videos I downloaded recently.
I use WinZip 11.2 and I run it on a 32 bit Windows Vista PC.
Recently, I bought eight Warm-up Warrior videos from
subliminalhealthfitness.com (I used
Windows Media Player 11 to play the videos)
and started to watch them without permanently extracting
them from their compressed form. In other words, I used Win Zip to
'unzip' the video files every time I wanted to view them. Even though
this was time consuming, the quality of the videos was excellent, and
I did not have any difficulty viewing the files. However, this all
changed five days in when I decided to decompress all of the files
using WinZip's Extractor: most of the extracted files became unwatchable (the
rendering of the affected videos was so bad, I could not identify what
I was watching anymore) and the files that were watchable had a
muddy, off-colour look to them.

When I went back to the compressed files and opened them using WinZip,
all of them had the exact problems their extracted counterparts had. I
tried rebooting and turning my
computer on and off. The problems remained. During this time
Windows Media Player crashed
(after I had closed one of the Subliminal videos I was watching)
and the Microsoft Recommendation was for me to install performance
update KB938979.
When I attempted to do so, a window popped up stating, 'This update
does not apply to your computer.'
In my frustration, I deleted all of the zipped and extracted files and
downloaded
fresh copies of the zipped files. When I opened them and ran them
using WinZip, they were all
unwatchable. Could there be a problem with the way WMP is running the
files? What do I do to find this out? More importantly,
what is the problem and what are the possible solutions to getting
these (extracted) files to run properly? Stand alone player suggestions
appreciated, as well.

Thank you,

Ten