tv tuner how do i find mine

Linda Entler

tv tuner how do i find mine
I tried using a tv through my computer-but it told me to download it ??but
from where my dell 531 is 4-mo's old,my computer was restored back to factory
by Dell and the tech only downloaded what was needed to get it going and thus
now no tuner--is there a way to find it as I'm not exp in computers
Thanks for any and all help------Linda
--
Have a nice day
zachd [MSFT]

Re: tv tuner how do i find mine

What type of TV tuner? Is this something like a Hauppauge or is it a
CableCARD?

What specifically is it telling you to download?

--
Speaking for myself only.
"Linda Entler" <LindaEntler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I tried using a tv through my computer-but it told me to download it ??but
> from where my dell 531 is 4-mo's old,my computer was restored back to
> factory
> by Dell and the tech only downloaded what was needed to get it going and
> thus
> now no tuner--is there a way to find it as I'm not exp in computers
> Thanks for any and all help------Linda
> --
> Have a nice day

Linda Entler

Re: tv tuner how do i find mine
thanks for the reply----I want to watch live TV --it tells me to go to
microsoft and Buy the the download--but Dell told me when I bought my
computer that it was possable to watch TV, thanks for any and all your help
Linda

--
Have a nice day

"zachd [MSFT]" wrote:

> What type of TV tuner? Is this something like a Hauppauge or is it a
> CableCARD?
>
> What specifically is it telling you to download?
>
> --
> Speaking for myself only.
> "Linda Entler" <LindaEntler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I tried using a tv through my computer-but it told me to download it ??but
> > from where my dell 531 is 4-mo's old,my computer was restored back to
> > factory
> > by Dell and the tech only downloaded what was needed to get it going and
> > thus
> > now no tuner--is there a way to find it as I'm not exp in computers
> > Thanks for any and all help------Linda
> > --
> > Have a nice day

Dave

Re: tv tuner how do i find mine
To watch TV you need a TV tuner. This is hardware.
Do you have an internal TV card or an external USB tuner?

--
Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview