Windows Photo Gallery does not list printer

Luc Balemans

Windows Photo Gallery does not list printer
Running Vista Home Premium. I have 2 printers installed, 1 USB and 1 network
printer. I can use them in any application (Word, Excel...) except in
Windows Photo Gallery. The only printer available there is the "XPS".
What should I do to access my regular printer in Photo Gallery?
PS The workaround mentioned in
http://www.vistax64.com/vista-print-...y-printer.html
does not work for me.

John Inzer

Re: Windows Photo Gallery does not list printer
Luc Balemans wrote:
> Running Vista Home Premium. I have 2 printers installed, 1 USB and 1
> network printer. I can use them in any application (Word, Excel...)
> except in Windows Photo Gallery. The only printer available there is
> the "XPS". What should I do to access my regular printer in Photo Gallery?
> PS The workaround mentioned in
> http://www.vistax64.com/vista-print-...y-printer.html
> does not work for me.

================================
Just a thought...but I'm wondering if the
same issue would persist if you installed
Windows Live Photo Gallery.

Windows Live Photo Gallery
http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview

--

John Inzer
Digital Media MVP

Notice
This is not tech support
I am a volunteer

Solutions that work for
me may not work for you

Proceed at your own risk

Luc Balemans

Re: Windows Photo Gallery does not list printer
Thank you for your suggestion. However, given the difficulties with the
"ordinary" Photo Gallery, I do not intend to try Live Photo Gallery just
yet. First things first.
Is there really no-one around who has an idea how I can access my printer?

"John Inzer" <oobie@doobie.xyz> wrote in message
> Luc Balemans wrote:
>> Running Vista Home Premium. I have 2 printers installed, 1 USB and 1
>> network printer. I can use them in any application (Word, Excel...)
>> except in Windows Photo Gallery. The only printer available there is
>> the "XPS". What should I do to access my regular printer in Photo
>> Gallery?
>> PS The workaround mentioned in
>> http://www.vistax64.com/vista-print-...y-printer.html
>> does not work for me.

> ================================
> Just a thought...but I'm wondering if the
> same issue would persist if you installed
> Windows Live Photo Gallery.
>
> Windows Live Photo Gallery
> http://get.live.com/photogallery/overview
>
> --
>
> John Inzer
> Digital Media MVP
>
> Notice
> This is not tech support
> I am a volunteer
>
> Solutions that work for
> me may not work for you
>
> Proceed at your own risk

iangoodall

Luc Balemans;3789964 Wrote:
> Running Vista Home Premium. I have 2 printers installed, 1 USB and 1
> network
> printer. I can use them in any application (Word, Excel...) except in
> Windows Photo Gallery. The only printer available there is the "XPS".
> What should I do to access my regular printer in Photo Gallery?
> PS The workaround mentioned in
> http://www.vistax64/vista-print-fax-...y-printer.html
> does not work for me.

Have you found a fix yet?

You're certainly not the only one experiencing this problem and it
seems like for most its with a HP 2600n. Is that what you've got?

If so, I'm starting to suspect it's a driver issue.

One interesting issue is that if you remove all printers and try and
print it knows there are none installed, gives an error and won't start
the print window. If you remove all but the 2600n driver, it knows
there's some sort of printer, so opens the print window but doesn't list
a printer - grrrr.

For the record, Windows Live Photo Gallery behaves in exactly the same
way for me. I suspect they share the same core code.

Ian

--
iangoodall
iangoodall's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?u=52248